Sunday, September 25, 2016

Field Trip

Week 3 is in the books, and it felt like we were in a good routine. Unfortunately Hudson doesn't have tumbling class for two weeks due to teacher illness, but we took advantage of the day off to get some housework done and play with friends at the park. Then on Friday Henri had her first field trip and I "chaperoned". Saturday morning I went to a friends and we made waffles and sipped coffee and just reveled in a lazy morning. It was wonderful. Church today and over to friends for lunch (lamb curry and naan, soooo good!), then replacing the windshield blades. Exciting!

Spent the week begging Steve to let us go get Stache. It didn't happen :/

Apple Picking!

Hay Ride. Hudson was allowed to come this time, and he loved being part of the class. Lined up with the kindergarteners, followed every rule with deep concentration, was very sad he didn't get to go back to school at the end. Might have to look in to K4 for him after all. 

Our row. We got to pick galas.

Honey Pot Hill is a major tourist attraction for all the city folk, but they have this school group thing down to a science. Spent just the right amount of time at each activity to not feel rushed but not give the kids time to get bored/in trouble

Their loot

Cider and cider donuts for a snack

Special surprise, they each got a pumpkin to bring home. The kids were all well behaved (well, except a fist fight I broke up between 2 boys over a lost tooth...), the parents fun to talk with, the teachers sweet and organized. Gave me a better feeling about the school than I was having, and I can see that Henri is fitting in well, feels comfortable there. 

Friday night I babysat our neighbor. Perfect set up. L came over for supper and played until bedtime (she's Huds age), then my kids went to bed with Steve supervising, and I put L to bed at her house. There was a little settling to be done for the first 15 minutes, then she was sound asleep and I had the rest of the night to lounge on their couch with Brubeck (the puppy), read books, browse on my phone.....basically bliss. Steve was across the backyard if I got nervous (other people's houses late at night, eeks) and then going home I just walked up the driveway. Really a wonderful evening. Plus the mom made us an awesome cheesecake.
 Looks to be another busy week. And the weather is finally fall!!!!!


No comments: