Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Getting in to the swing of things

People keep asking me how Henri is doing with school; she's fine. The one not doing so great/having a rough time would be me. And Hudson to a small degree. I just can't figure out how to get stuff done! I know it's not rocket science, but by the time I get home from dropping Hen off (so, 1.5 hours in the car) Hudson desperately needs to run outside, and I can't just shoo a 3 year old outside alone. So, I go out and play ball and tennis and whatever. Then it's lunch time because I want him to get a decent nap which mean bed by 12. Then dishes and cleaning the house but not vacuuming because I want him to sleep, and starting supper, and trying to get going on my CE's to maintain my license, and laundry, and Children's Church prep, and playgroup prep (and I know everyone does this stuff, it's just my schedule has been moved a lot). And then this week we've started up the various playgroups Hudson will be attending (though todays was a nightmare of craziness, we'll give it one more shot but will probably drop it) and he starts "gymnastics" tomorrow, and there's the usual weekly stuff like grocery shopping and library and seeing to church duties. Then we leave the house by 2:45 to go get Henri, and get home around 3:30 (better commute in the afternoon thankfully) and hopefully she's gotten most of her homework done in the car but not always, then it's outside play and then supper and then walk and bath and reading and bed and going out for a run and packing a lunch for the next day and filling out school paperwork. And the vacuuming still isn't done (huge love to Steve, he picked up the house for me this morning after we had a rough start and had to tear out of here leaving it in shambles).
 Then I read the verse this afternoon about how when there are no oxen, the stable stays clean, and it was a good reminder that this mountain of chores exists only because we have the tremendous blessings of children and a house and a car (eeks, just remembered I'm almost out of gas....), and a great school opportunity, and that we live in a highly desirable part of the country (hence the insane traffic). So; Henri is fine. She likes school. Hudson is ok, he likes having undivided attention but he misses his sister a ton. I am getting to be ok, coffee has played a major role in my life lately. Maybe third week will be the charm.

Thursdays are chapel days

Hudson writing "X's" on the pitchers mound

Hen did my hair for me

Last Friday Hud and I met up with friends at Houghton Pond for a day of sand and swimming. Love that place. 

Saturday we had a race and Meg and Nate graciously offered were guilted in to watching the kids while we ran. They found a segment of dirt and didn't stray until it poured.

Before the race. Still optimistic I'd run the whole thing (this was straight up Wachussett Mountain).

Walking up the ski hill to get to the start.

At least we got to take the lift back down!

Finished! Steve came in 4th, but 1st in his age group. Very proud of him. David did great too, especially since running isn't his thing. I came in last. Yup, dead last. 18:18. Someone has to have the honor, I guess. Motivation to get back out there and train harder. Ha. I did hit my goal time though (which obviously wasn't anything blistering).

Henri went to a birthday party on Saturday and got her face painted for the first time ever.

And then Sunday we spent the day in various Urgent Cares and finally ended up at Mass Eye and Ear ER for Hudson. Something in his eye. But not scratched. Just tons of pain. Numbing drops, erythromycin ointment, and organic lollypops later, he's on the mend. 

New favorite for Henri, it's on weekly rotation.

Then Monday he fell out of a tree. I did not take him to the ER as we'd been there enough. I think his ribs are intact,  he just has an impressive-looking wound. 


She's getting pretty good at this! She can start herself off now, and gets scary close to our cars but hasn't taken any paint off yet. 
Well, the terror is awake now, and the car needs filling before we can get Hen so I think we need to leave....like 10 minutes ago. Fingers crossed for a break in road construction so we get there on time!

No comments: