Monday, September 19, 2016

Routines


I'm sure this will jinx it all, but today it feels like this whole school routine might possibly work out. The commute still sucks, but now that I know all the routes I don't have my GPS up, and not having the "time to beat arrive" showing greatly reduces the anxiety. We got all the chores done, grocery shopping completed, Hudson's hair cut (he likes his stylist AND he gets a lollypop so it's a super easy task), and Hudson to nap at noon. I'm knocking out the to-do list for stuff coming up in a few weeks.....it's all good. That might be because we took it easy on Saturday and I was able to sleep, plus I've had 2 cups of coffee today instead of the usual 1. Either way, nice to feel on top of stuff.
Friday Henri had a half day so we went up to Ogunquit to meet my folks/hang on the beach. SUPER windy and cold but the kids didn't mind in the least (as always). We stayed until dark and got to see a gorgeous moon rise. Saturday was just hanging at home, going for runs, going to play at the park. Then yesterday after church we went to the Family Day at Steve's work. They have this every 5 years, and this is the first time I've been since visitors aren't routinely allowed in. So for 10 years I've just imagined what the place looks like. Truthfully, it was a little more depressing than I'd imagined (no windows) plus the clutter....I might have done some rearranging and organizing while I was there, just little stuff like pens and paper clips, but arggghhhh!!!! The kids got to write all over a huge whiteboard, and go for rides on the utility cart, and pop packing bubbles. There was also a nice lunch served, plus tons of demonstrations and games. We finished it off touring the flight test hangar, and walking through some radar testing stuff. Some of the rooms were sound deadeners (is that a word?) and even with the doors open the lack-of-sound level was wonderful. They could make a ton of money allowing moms to sit in there for 5 minute increments. I know I'd pay well. This week is packed with the usual stuff, although I think Saturday is still unscheduled.

Hudson started tumbling class. The teacher was hardcore and Hudson did great. Listened and participated and was utterly adorable.


He might have inherited his fathers "flexibility" unfortunately.

Most of the gang

Mom and Papa treated us to ice cream for supper

Of course it looks tiny in the picture, but the moon was huge and gorgeous

Henri "reading" to Hudson

Let the phonetic spelling begin! Can you interpret that first word? (It's "curly"; krle. Obviously. )

Modeling the shark boots he got for his birthday from Aunt Payte. We're finally getting rain so he was thrilled to put them on.


1 comment:

Nikki said...

It is always so much fun to read your posts. I am always happy to see you have updated. You have such cute kids and I love seeing what you are all up to.