Saturday, October 1, 2016

More of the same

It's been a full week, but that's mostly because I had a baby shower today that I've been working on. We went to playgroup on Tuesday, decided to drop the Wednesday one on our way to it (the mom's were cahraaaazzzzy and the kids awful), went to Drumlin Farms on Thursday, shower set and prep all day yesterday, shower today. It's nice to have a little break before the next big entertainment project starts up (Christmas at church), and I have some neglected knitting to get to.
That's 24 fun colors in Sharpie format! Bought them to have the ladies decorate wooden play blocks as a shower activity

These were the prizes for the winning team for shower games; the nose is chapstick

Was in nursery on Wednesday and just had one kid

Super sweet and friendly goat at Drumlin. I got in lots of cuddles. 

The Discovery Center activity was checking out animal pelts

but the huge attraction was the Wooly Bear caterpillar they found on the road

He really is a great rock climber

Cookies for the baby shower
Like usual, all the work, and no pictures to show for it. We did a circus theme and everything turned out great. OH! Big news, for me anyway: Last evening as I was making supper, a down the street neighbor stopped by with a bag of tomatoes. And then gave me a gift certificate for a free 6mo family membership to the Y. Guys, that's $100/mo and we've wanted one because there's babysitting so I could bring Hud during the day, plus the pool for all of us to use this winter, but that would be a stretch to swing. I scared Lou when I got teary and hugged him, haha. We are surrounded by some pretty amazing people.

No comments: