Tuesday, September 6, 2016

First Day

We did it! First day of school is under our belts. Henri, from all she's told me, had a great time. Biggest impression was playing with a slinky. Hudson decided to get up at 4 so I was pretty brain dead and overly emotional all day. Add in spending 2.3 hours in the car (20 of those minutes just waiting in the pick up line, argggghhhh!!!!), finding out that she really should know how to read (the other kids in her class can), and that she's been put in the "B" group and, well, I don't want her to go back ever again. But I guess she is, and maybe if we cram hard we can get her up to speed by next week. I'm pretty sure when I was in kindergarten you didn't even need to know your ABC's until December...

All her essentials. Glad she doesn't have a long walk, because that bag was pretty heavy today!

She's very excited about her new Crocs


Hudson chopped up all my bananas for me so we could have smoothies for the week

Henri's Yumbox. Love this thing. Lunch for tomorrow includes her current favorite tomato and cucumber salad.