Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Your typical storm picture...

We're still in the middle of our "bizzard" (not supposed to end till 10ish tonight) but holding out just fine. In fact, I've broken in to the iced coffee I made in anticipation of losing power and being without caffeine, so I'd say we're committed to it just being some snow fall and not the "historic catastrophe" our beloved weatherpeople keep insisting it is.I have lived through blizzards, people, and this was not one. But anyway, it's nice to have some white on the ground, nice to get the free exercise of shoveling (even nicer that our neighbors do the really heavy drifts with their snowblowers!), and lovely that Steve gets a day off (who as an adult gets paid snow days?! He has a peachy job!).
The kids went out earlier but with the wind I made them go back inside after 5 minutes. No frostbite for them! I'm such a mean mom. Not that Hudson minded, the boy continues to really hate the snow. Normally he can't wait to be outside, but if you ask him in the winter he says "uh uh!" and backs away fast, lol. Henri is negotiating for a return outside after nap time. That'll be wind dependent I guess.
And here is our storm picture. Proof of why it's always so cold in our house, the insulation could clearly use some work:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brrrrr!!! I wondered how you all were faring there near Boston. e did not get much at all.