Saturday, January 17, 2015

Smattering of the new year

The kids and I took advantage of having a second car in the house and went to VT for a week to be with Aunt Anna before she went back to school. She's now happy to be headed back to peace and quiet ;) Then home for one last day with David before he headed back to school today. We are feeling a bit abandoned. OK, a lot. So pretty much normal goings on, compounded by the need to stay inside because of the cold. A few phone pictures of the past week:

Mr. No-nap has joined preschool hour with Henri and I. Clearly he's torn up about it

The letter of the week was "D" for desert, and here they were making playdough cacti (the spikes were spaghetti)

LOVE this shirt. Making (and eating) "locust" (sunbutter and honey playdough)

First sanctioned finger painting

He continues to love this nightlight from Ikea we've had since Hen was born. 

We're going to muss our dance parties with David!!!

Subway stop on our way to VT. Scariest driving I've done in a long time. Stopped counting accidents after #10 

Nikki, here's the hat rack. (There is a mountain climber up near the top haha)

Basically impossible to see here, but there's a gorgeous fox next to the middle fir tree. He was out a ton, catching some moles, bouncing around. And sooooo pretty!

I was pretty proud of these. Steve's the master pancake maker, but when he wasn't around I made some stellar breakfasts

It was cold, but it was gorgeous

Hudson likes to read to himself. But only if the book is upside down.

Selfies! The kids are enjoying my phone's camera

I just purged Hen's closet. She had tons of adorable stuff, but as she'll only wear stuff like this, it was pointless to keep it. The good news is, both kids clothes fits into one tiny closet now!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Henri takes amazing selfies. :) I love your preschool time with the littles.Thank you for the picture. I think that is such a WONDERFUL idea that I would like to copy. Still surprised my husband did not think of that! :) We had branches as curtain rods at our old house.

Genevieve said...

You always do very creative stuff with your kids, very inspiring! And I love Henri's selfie so much!! xoxo