Saturday, January 3, 2015

Wedding!!!!

Meghan got married today!!!! Very hard to believe one of the "little kids" as we called anyone younger than my brother is of that age, but there you have it. She was a gorgeous bride and from what I could tell in the audience the wedding went without a hitch. It was simple, and lovely, and fun. The weather cooperated in that the snow didn't start for anyone until they were pretty close to home, and the kids cooperated by taking a nap in the car. Henri enjoyed the ceremony considerably, but I think that was because Aunt Anna sat with us and let her play with her watch. Indeed, right before the wedding Hen told me, with a grumpy face, that she was "scared" (she still has trouble putting the right word to the emotion). I asked her why, and she said "because today isn't all about me!". Oooooh boy. We'd done a lot of talking beforehand about how it's Meg's special day, and also that Papa would be busy and not able to be with her constantly, and she handled not being queen bee pretty well. Hudson was awful, but there was a staircase in the back of the church that led to a balcony, so Steve let him roam and that kept him entertained (Steve too, haha). We took pictures in the church afterward and her photographer seemed really on top of his game (ie got everyone to line up and shut up fast) and then we headed to the reception. It was decorated with pine boughs and candles, and in the entry we were greeted with a favors table loaded down with pickles that Nate and Meghan had made for everyone; yum!
Lunch was a buffet of lasagna, salad and rolls. Overplanning food is clearly a Thompson trait. I had 10 (ten!) extra cakes left over from my wedding, and I have no idea how many lasagnas Meg had at the end of hers. Nate's mom made 100 pounds alone. I brought 2, and I know a few others brought some. What I'm saying is, I'm not eating for another month. I sampled a few different ones and they were all delicious. One of Meg's bridesmaids made her wedding cakes and I ended up with a "sampler plate" since there was no way I could make a decision; gingerbread with lemon curd, chai tea cake with cinnamon frosting, and a flourless chocolate cake with a cream cheese frosting. Can you say sugar bliss???? 
On penalty of death and disowning there was nothing done to the car, so the farewell was a bit subdued. I think the happy couple is planning to lie low for the next week, then take a proper honeymoon come the summer. Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Brunk! And thanks for having us, it was wonderful. 
And now for the photos (I know that's all you care about, bet you skipped the whole top part. I would have, too!). A bit mixed up but I'm sure you can imagine the sequence:

She's still sulking a bit

He's got a hilarious "cheese" face he unleashes whenever he sees a camera

Papa is very funny


Just married

Advantage to a Christmas-time wedding, all the decor is taken care of!

Enjoying the festivities

I'm sure the professional got all of us in, Papa got cut out here....

I have another brother. Wow.

2 families united

Bridal party

Annie! Gorgeous as always

Cake cutting


She said she was hot in her dress, but it was about -79 today


Loved this of Mom and Meg

Anna making off with the pickles

She was finally getting chilled

Per the bride's request I made a few pans of the addicting apple bars for Nate. I had to make sure they were wedding-worthy before I brought them, though ;)

And here we are on the way. Totally random order to these, sorry

She looked gorgeous in her dress. And the veil just made it perfect (a gift from her MOH)

Waiting downstairs there was this great bug and sand table

Bridal party gifts; the pinecone earrings from Danforth Pewter. Love!

Meg and her MOH, "Aunt" Chelsea

Payte cut her hair and does she not suddenly look like my mom?!?!?? Crazy

The star of the show and the wanna-be

Hudson making another conquest of the older ladies. Note the child to the right; she and Hudson were making out under the table during the reception. My son likes 'em a bit more mature ;)

We sat in the back, so ceremony photos are a bit blurry. It was a lovely little chapel. 


The "peace dove". Guess it got put there a few years ago and it's stayed.

*Smooooch*

Papa and Aunt Sharon. 


Yes, there's a story behind this. But in the hearing of it I realized it's more of a "you had to be there" type of a thing.

The bridesmaids bouquets. 


Reception site

Christmas pickles. Can't wait to eat them.

Table decor

Cake. Or I should say "cakes" for of course there are three ;)

Soooo tasty. And who would have thought to combine gingerbread and lemon? It was my favorite.

I was happily clicking away when I realized the pastor was praying. Oops. But a good view of the room!

The only picture I got of Gram and it's blurry. But you can see the pretty bridesmaids dresses.

The amazing Anna

......and Allie. aaaaannnnd Siena. 

Selfies with the disco ball :D

He got in some snuggles with Gram. Then tried to rip out her earrings. Poor guy's been sick for the past week, I see an MD visit come Monday if he doesn't shape up fast. 

Making her getaway

No one's messing with this couple
Congratulations again Meghan and Nate!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! It was fun to read all about the wedding. The pictures of Henri....ADORABLE. Loved that she was sad that it was not about her. :) That was too funny!!!!! Loved all the pictures of the family. Glad the weather was good enough for travels. The cakes sounded delicious. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh and sorry that Hud has been sick. Joshua has a nasty cold and a bad diaper rash that we just can't kick. He might have to go in for a check in too.Though, I hope he just gets better first.