Friday, April 27, 2012

Glad I took picts

This week has been a bit of a blur. On Tuesday it seemed like I'd have plenty of time to get everything done, and now here it is Friday and all I remember is a lot of whining from Henri (we've hit the throwing a fit about EVERYTHING stage and it's a bit wearing). Fortunately, I took picts! Once again they're probably going to upload sidewise because I haven't read how to transfer them, but yay for my phone! I like to flip through it at the end of the day and remember what we did (because yes, my memory is so shot I don't remember the day much less the week).
So what did get done?
-Laundry
-Planted grass seed
-Scrubbed and disinfected the nasty fridge
-Cleaned the oven
-Taped and primed the fridge with magnetic paint (will overlay with chalkboard paint soon)
-Made Home Depot runs
-Cleaned the new bathroom and realized I need to rip out the entire sink and vanity, not just the mirror like I thought
-Received discouraging news from the various contractors we've had in giving us quotes (new floor, support system, bathroom and kitchen anyone?)
-Play group
-Homework
-Park
-Walks
-Supper on the table every night
-Free stuff! This week was 4 coffee creamers, bananas, 5 boxes Kashi granola bars and a box of Kashi cereal. Also got Pampers wipes for 50cents so that's pretty close.
A fun weekend is looming with my baby sister in town and then Papa and Allie for Sunday when we celebrate (drum roll please) Henri's 1st birthday!!!! Wow.
Fridge taped out
H at play group. No kids yet, just the old folks, but she enjoys them just as much
Really going to miss the parks in Cambridge. People just leave their outgrown Cozy Coupes and other such wonderful expensive toys I don't intend to get her but she loves

First time away from Henri for something other than an MD appt; went to S$'s and studied!

First time making wings. By the time I deboned them I didn't have it in me to eat them. Gag.

Wish I could flip these...Anyway, this is H after I made her get out of the mud puddle she'd been frolicking in while I planted and watered the grass seed. Might not be able to see here, but she used it as shampoo in her hair...

She's started making some of the faces her dad does and it's pretty funny

First band aide. She ran the door over her foot

S putting in a new basement window


Pasta is a big favorite around here. Let her have tomato sauce this time as well


Bobby is a big favorite right now and she goes everywhere with H

H continues to love the vest Aunt Anna got her

<>Baby goslings! They are so adorable for about 5 days and then I hate them again. Bad tempered nasty pooping hissing chasing machines. They seriously freak me out

1 comment:

JG said...

Yaaayyy! What a busy week :) Home ownership is a never-ending list of projects and expenses... welcome to your home :) Really, though, the freedom of having your own home (updating it the way you want, having pets if you want, and just enjoying the psychological boost of owning the place where you hang your hat) is so worth it! You have some great pictures, even if they're sideways! Love the pasta pic... memories :)