Monday, February 6, 2017

Down but not defeated

It's been a long long week. Steve ended up taking all but Friday off, and as he's only had one other sick day in 10 years, well, you know it was bad. Kids and I are still coughing (actually, Henri sounds worse tonight....) but the pink eye seems to have cleared. Hudson and I tackled the house today, did the usual cleaning plus a purge of the kids room. Then I went through all my clothes and did an honest assessment of what actually fits and what's wishful thinking (a lot, apparently) and now we have nice tidy closets. So hopefully we're almost back to normal. As I have spent most of the past 10 days on the couch, not much to see:

I just got a tea and then sat in the car during Hudson's class. Fever kept me warm enough, and I got to see these deer saunter past.

18 felt piggy banks for children's church. This week I'm just doing a coloring sheet for the craft!

The Dollar Tree rarely disappoints. I'm decorating with mirrors and old clocks for the Tea this year, and these will be perfect for the tablescapes. 

Start them young. Having our cleaning schedule off due to illness really bugged Hud too. He was pretty happy that we cleaned today (his chores are dusting, toilet, folding bathroom linen, sorting the laundry, putting away his clothes. He vacuumed his room too although it's still a bit large for him to do a great job with that)

Bad picture of him, but he was thrilled to go out for falafal. By Thursday I was done having to come up with lunch as well as dinner for the whole family. So we went to Amsterdam Falafal and ate alllllllll the garlicky things. 

Gymnastics class

Fast food theme this week. Our big outing, we went to the mall on Saturday for lunch and to return a coat. And then everyone went home and took a long nap :)

Hud and I watched the Super Bowl online (thanks, Fox!) while Henri worked on cards for her class. Steve went to a party, and after the kids were in bed I had a lovely evening all to myself, with chocolate cake and peanut butter frosting to top it off with. 
So, pretty boring. We're back to a normal week this week with no major obligations. Yay!

No comments: