Monday, January 30, 2017

The month of plaugue

While it's been quiet on this blog, it hasn't been at all quiet in the house; the sound of coughing has been pretty persistent round the clock since the beginning of the month. On Friday Steve and I, valiantly striving against it with all kinds of sure-fire methods, succumbed within minutes of each other. I don't remember having muscle pain and chills like that in a long time. He's actually off work today in an attempt to recover, but as we have two children who have plenty of energy somehow, that's not really working for him. Anyway, not much on the camera roll as we've been pretty housebound.

We went to a friends for dinner right before everyone went down, and I brought the pie. It wasn't very good. (and it wasn't burned; this is bad lighting here) 

Beside-the-road-on-garbage-day find. Perfect order (even had fresh batteries in it). We disinfected it well and it was a hit, then passed it on to the playgroup (which we didn't get to attend as Hudson spiked a fever the night before).

Last weeks read. Nothing revolutionary in it, but a great reminder in the current atmosphere of unrest and fear of where our hope and trust is supposed to lay. Highly recommended reading.

Foamed my milk for an afternoon treat. 

The modern reader is apparently Mo Willems books. Henri thinks they're hilarious, and I bring home a few a week from the library. She is independently reading now, and decided to entertain Hud in his bath.

So. much. show watching the past two weeks. 

Adorable, are they not??? I have 100 of them, getting geared up for the Ladies Tea this spring. 

Yet another TJ's recommendation. They have a different veggie fried rice, but this one was insanely good. A complete meal, it's ready in 6 minutes. They make eating vegan so easy.

The car in front of me had this, I sent a picture to my mom ("Spinning, because knitting isn't weird enough")

Henri has moved on to crafting caftans. Thank goodness the thrift store has cloth remnants for $1 or I'd be very broke keeping her supplied. 

She's been wearing it proudly. 

Urgent care office added a new huge fish tank

Both kids eyes looked red, so I called first thing Sunday. Got an appt and not 10 minutes later Hen was crying her ear hurt. Final verdict: double ear infection for Hen (that had to doctor saying WOW), pink eye for both, beginnings of ear infection for Hud that we'll just watch right now, asthma flare for Hud. And of course this cold that's been lasting forever and is the cause of all the listed maladies. 

We all took today off to try and rest up. Hens' teacher graciously emailed me the math and spelling lesson so we homeschooled in our pj's today. If someone would send me a weekly lesson so I could be sure we weren't forgetting to teach something, I'd totally homeschool her. She's an easy pupil (although, do you remember adding double digit numbers in Kindergarten? or having 5 letter spelling words??? I don't think I'd be able to keep up with her academically in a few years).

In what turned out to be a really bad idea, I went grocery shopping with both kids and feeling lousy. Allll the comfort food made its way into my cart somehow. This has curry spicing it. You need it in your life.
So, that's pretty much it. Steve and I have never, ever, not even once contracted the same bug. Or if we have, it's never been at the same time. Feel like Ma on Little House on the Prairie where they all have the fever and almost die. We're trying to give the other one a break, but the kids (ok, Hudson) are not being cooperative. Folks around here have volunteered to help, but the only thing we could use is a break from the boy, and obviously no one is going to want to be exposed to potential germs. I keep chanting "some day I'll miss this" but I really don't think I will....

No comments: