Monday, February 22, 2016

Spring!

Maybe not according to the calendar, but it's pretty toasty out there. And no one is complaining (though I have a ton of stuff coming up I need to prepare for and instead we're outside playing all day). It's been wonderful. I started off the annual "I'm going to be a runner!" kick on Saturday with a long, super slow jog. (Spoiler alert: this idealism will die a rapid death in the next two weeks. Or on the first cold/rainy day) Found a new podcast that I'm really enjoying called Myths and Legends; it's all the fairy tales and legends that aren't mainstream. I listened to an Irish one while running staggering and it was extremely motivating (as in, the body count and descriptions of murder were pretty intense right as I got to the spooky part of the woods and my pace picked up impressively). Otherwise, not a whole lot going on.

See, my plants are already coming up! This was a few days ago, today I noticed the bud is starting to develop



Haha, soooo..I was walking with the kids, and found this brand new, still in the box, bathroom vanity sink and counter. Ours is original to the house and rusting out like crazy no matter how much we caulk it. Obviously it needs replacing, and look at that! One that looks like it was made for our bathroom. Unfortunately it's 2' too small....but I bet I can figure out a solution. You should have seen me pushing a double stroller and hauling this bad boy on my shoulder through the neighborhood.

After getting the sink home and off again to finish our walk


Oh, oh. ooooooohhhh this cake. Yes, we are still avoiding sugar. But Thursday was rough. And there was only a tiny amount as all I had was 1/4cup in the house. And it was INSANELY good. Plant based baking is the way to go y'all.

This kid loves to spin. It makes me sick to just watch.


Cards from Grandma

A very ticked off ladybug, lol

We took the kids bowling for their first time. They loved it, and Hen got a strike! She was pretty proud 


Hudson putting on Dad's shoes

And then summer came and there was no getting them to even touch a coat

Treated myself to an iced coffee and hair trim. My stylist left with no forwarding info, so I just got whoever. She was a cute  young thing who had a bunch of restaurant recommendations I can't wait to try (including  a vegan ice cream and baked goods shop. Yay!).

It's so much easier to do it yourself. But they've got to learn. So, chore time is just a normal part of their day, and at this point the only thing I have have to do is the bathroom (don't want them touching the chemicals) and washing the laundry (they can't reach, but they help fold and they put away), It's not perfect, but it's improving and I can live with it. 
See? Normal, non-inspiring week. I'm good with steady :)

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Always fun to see what you are up to. I would have done the same thing with the sink. That was a score!! :) Loved the picture of Hudson putting on his Dad's shoes and Henri smiling big. I LOVE how the older siblings think what the littles are doing is cute. :) It always makes me laugh.
We are not complaining at all about the warmer than usual temps. It really makes us think spring!