Sunday, March 6, 2016

In like a....lamb

Wonder if this means we'll be having a blizzard for Easter? Super busy week this past one, I had a meeting every single night. Having even one is a rarity, I don't remember the last time Steve got stuck with bedtime duty every night. But there was a playgroup meeting, and church, and a committee meeting, and set up for a baby shower....and then I was gone pretty much all day Saturday co-hosting said shower. Kids are both mildly sick, but the whole "menthol oil on the bottom of the foot" thing is totally stopping their coughing which is great. We've been outside a ton and plan to continue that this week. Of great excitement is the plan to see the folks for a few day. Hudson asks hourly to see his Papa. Also hoping to fit in Ikea, then our usual schedule of playgroups and library and church and chores. March is going to fly by!

After a dry spell last year, we have 3 babies (so far!) coming to the church this year, which means I get to go crazy at thrift stores and buy ALL the clothes. I mean, LOOK at this shirt: those are sheep on it!!!  
My flowers have come up, bloomed, faded. This was all in February. I prepped all my flower beds, might pick up the mulch tomorrow. Craziness.

Hen built herself a nest and is very happy in it

We've had a lot of windstorms and one knocked down a big pine tree so our neighbor ended up cutting down all 6 of his to prevent damage to surrounding houses and his property. Free entertainment for us!

Reading through our new library selections

Park dates with Dad

Beautiful sunsets every night

Officially we didn't hit this, but in the sun our thermometer read 72! I opened the whole house up because it was so chilly inside

It's been sunscreen and sun bonnet kind of weather

The daffodils are up too

Laundry and hoola-hooping

Tulips from Trader Joes. I got flowers every week last winter to keep the doldrums away, but since winter still hasn't arrived it hasn't seemed as necessary this year. 

Couldn't resist ordering this for our collection


The baby shower theme was The Very Hungry Caterpillar, so the fruit salad was in the shape of one.

We had every food (except pickles, oops!) that the caterpillar ate. And didn't Jess do an awesome job hand stitching the banner?? 

And I made 25 pompoms that comprised the outdoor decor and will be a mobile for Baby B. 
Phew, it's good to have a breather. Was totally lazy today, went for a long slooooow run and listened to my new favorite podcast ("Myths and Legends", the guy is funny, it's the perfect cadence for my "runs",  and the story detail is just enough to keep me distracted and not bored with running which is generally why I wimp out after 0.5miles) and was showered and in pj's by 3:30 haha. Did make some vegan whole wheat chocolate chip cookies which do have sugar in them but taste pretty darn good. Will pick up coconut sugar tomorrow to reduce the guilt further.Henri is really looking forward to playgroup on Tuesday 'cause I told her we could make fairy houses. Does anyone know how to do this? (keep in mind the kids are 18mo-4.9yo). Hoping the Dollar Store won't fail me tomorrow....

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I was sooo excited when I saw baby clothes in that first picture.I thought maybe you were going to make an announcement. :) There are a lot of babies on the way it seems. Your shower decorations were all too cute! That banner did turn out really well. I am loving the warmer weather we have been having too.