Monday, February 15, 2016

Food and selfies

Another long weekend over with. This past week was kind of foggy and seemed to have gone quick. Hudson was still pretty couch-bound until about Wednesday night, and on Sunday I had started in with his cold (I thought). Saturday I finally went to urgent care and was diagnosed with a sinus infection and started some meds. I don't think I've ever had one before, and they're pretty nasty. But now hopefully everyone is on the mend! On Saturday the teens at our church babysat everyone's kids so all the parents could have a date night. I drugged myself up pretty good and we went to Central Square and tried Veggie Galaxy. Definitely worth a repeat visit when we want a treat, we had burgers and fries and Steve got a milkshake that I had a taste of (it's all vegan...and their house hot sauce was awesome!). And then Sunday was the last day of our 6 week diet so we celebrated with salmon. And I had a candy bar and felt pretty icky from it. And then we all agreed to do it for another 6 weeks because the fact is I've lost 14 pounds AND we all feel really good eating this way. And it's pretty easy now that we're in the swing of it. So in 6 weeks we'll have another cheat meal and this time I'm skipping the sugar. So, sorry, not much to share except lots of nose blowing, dozing on the couch, and food. Oh! We did go to a playgroup on Thursday that we'll be joining after the school break and the kids loved it. Hudson didn't even notice/care when I left to join the moms for discussion, all the kids were his age (and boys!) so I think it'll be a good fit this time.

We finally got some snow!

A sweater mom knit Hen ages ago still fits

Valentine's Day prep. 

Playing with his ninjas

The cards Hen gave her Sunday School class

And the ones Hud gave. Found all the figures in bags of 20 at Target. Don't tell the kids, but I bought extras 'cause they were pretty cute

Was getting desperate for a treat, so blender "muffins". Only Henri really liked them

Henri's been making glasses for me

I don't like cauliflower, but it's cheap, and I'm trying to eat lots of different veggies. Used Pioneer Woman's recipe for spicy stir fry cauliflower, and it was a scrumptious lunch! Making it again this week. Except I set off the smoke detectors and the kids are still talking about that....

Apple nachos! Went over to some friends for dinner on Thurs and made this for dessert. Chocolate sauce, peanut sauce, sprinkled with walnuts and mini chocolate chips. Technically a bit of sugar in the chocolate, but close enough to the spirit of the diet. And yummy!

Coldest day of the year and he wanted to wear short and leg warmers

So the next day she wore the same thing

Elaborate picnics in the living room

Saturday we went sledding at Gore Mansion

See? Selfies and food, it's all I've got on my phone....

Our date meal! 

David came over for supper last night and brought his new toy.

Steve had today off, so after all our Monday chores got done we headed back to Gore for some more sledding. Hudson spent a lot of time chasing geese too. He remains terrified of all animals except the Canada Goose. He was pretty sad they wouldn't let him get close enough to hug (although he got a lot closer than I'd be comfortable with!)

Hen walked herself back up, but Hudson got free rides

More selfies

And even more.....

Last run of the day since our feet were numb.

And that was the week! No big plans for the coming one, but at least it's a shorter one and projected to be warmer. :)

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Looks to be busy and fun. :)