Monday, March 2, 2015

Valentines, Vermont, Variety

Also known as, "finishing up February". Fairly typical last few weeks here. We went to VT for a long weekend to get away from the snow and had the worst drive we've ever experienced (helllllooo, VT, it's called a "plow"! Use it!) but had a great time with the folks. And then another week inside with the kiddos. March is coming in kind of like a lion, so hopefully we'll end in true spring weather :) A few different things scheduled to happen this month, including jury duty (my first ever! all the others I've postponed because of newborns or got cancelled) which would be exciting and all, but they still haven't selected jurors for the Boston bombing and I'd rather not get put on that AND Hudson finally has a pediatric derm appointment scheduled for the day after which I really really would like to be at. Very inconsiderate of these lawbreakers. Anyway, we'll see how that goes.

Speaking of Hudson, the Love Bug is 18mo old. I keep thinking his coming birthday will make him one, but nope, I have an almost 2 year old (and his attitude does remind me of that when I forget). He has started to talk a lot more though the words are pretty indistinct and tend towards just the first syllable of each. But he definitely knows what he wants! His check up is next week and I'm anticipating he's right in the 50%. His current favorite activities are scribbling with crayon on everything except paper (just discovered my cutting boards have been decorated. How did he reach them?!), dumping out everything that might be in anything, tormenting his sister (she is soooo easy to make flip out though, it's pretty impossible for him to resist), reading, playing in the kitchen, going down cellar, throwing stuff. His favorite person is Dad and he asks about him every 2-3minutes. All. Day. Long. He remains a terrible eater but loves to drink water. And he gives the best snuggles.

So, phone stuff, with apologies to anyone who might follow me on IG as some are repeats:

JoAnn's had a sale

V-day cards from Great Gram

Henri was reading The Kitchen Knight every day at naptime, and then dressing up like Linesse

We got to go out for a quick ice skating date, my first time on hockey skates. They're a lot different from figure!

Our cards to each other

Went to our favorite sushi place for lunch. Cracks me up that Hen won't eat my delicious baked fish, yet her favorite food is sushi (and miso soup. She ate hers and mine).

Snow up past the windows. We have a staggeringly large amount. 

Look how he naps, with his little feet crossed!!!!

Made a ruffled baby blanket as a shower gift. Henri picked out all the fabrics

She had a successful cleaning!

Meet Barnabas!!!!! Our new side table from the '60's (you can also sit on him).

Hudson loves him, he gives him a kiss on the nose every time he walks by

Fun with icicles in VT

Snowshoeing date

I kept forgetting they weren't cross country skis and would try to push off with the poles

The Isham is completely frozen over

Cool ice drop

Great Gram T brought up Christmas presents; mittens she had knit for the kids. She is super talented. Hudson wears his in the car 

Cpt. Cook

Painting

After nap reading time


Saturday Steve needed to work so I took the kids to the $ store where they each got a balloon. Have I mentioned recently how much I love that store? Money really can buy happiness. Or at least $2 can.

And then we went to Petsmart for the ghetto zoo experience. The above is a typical text conversation between S and I ;)

Because there's not enough snow in the world, Hen and Steve made snowflakes.
On to March! My next task for the day is to finalize our seed order :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love all your fabric. Your new camel/ table is really neat and of course I loved all the pictures of everyone. :) Looks like you are keeping pretty busy. :)