Thursday, February 12, 2015

Past week

Library play

Feeding his rat a lime slice


Waaaaahhhh!!! First haircut. I was getting snide comments about him looking like a "troll", and it was ratty at the ends. So we took him to the very talented Marie and she trimmed him up.

My two main men. Hudson did fantastic, he sat very still and watched her carefully in the mirror and was very pleased to be doing a big kid thing. 

Goodbye, red!

And then we went to Chik-fil-A for lunch and they got ice cream as a treat

Hen got a trim as well. Not the best, but the ends are healthy again

And then we went to get her ice skates, and somehow she talked us in to getting her ice cream. Again. 

Pancake making. Hudson can be adorable, but this is his typical look. Poor guy really doesn't talk, just uses this super annoying "uh uh uh" sound for everything so I don't know what he wants. He knows, and indeed is hyper aware and in tune with everything, so I think life will get immeasurably easier once he starts talking. In some ways. 

He loooooooves balls

All dressed for church. And tormenting her brother by taking a ball.

Brought a tub of snow inside and let them go at it. 

Hudson just scooped it up and ate it, Hen had a great time packing it into the bucket

I've been asked to organize a playgroup at church, and on Tuesday we were there. And no one else came. So, we had fun doing everything I'd scheduled :)

Working on their craft

Hug hands!!!

Despite the fact it's snowed every.single.day, we've had some gorgeous sunsets. Phone picts never do it justice.

If we by some miracle don't get the next blizzard forecasted, there's a baby sprinkle on Sunday, so I whipped up a paper flower garland. I've been feeling the itch to be crafty and create something, but the motivation always ends right at the point I've made the biggest mess.

There was some sun yesterday and it made it up to 20 degrees, so we went puddle jumping

You know, just the typical snow banks around here.

Our front yard. It's impossible for the kids to walk it's so deep. Actually, it's impossible for us parents to walk, it's so deep.

In nursery with his harem. 

A little ham

Sad news, Clive our fish died today. He had been in poor health the past few days, so not unexpected. The kids took it well, Hen said "yeah, he looks brown. Can we get another fish?". 

Now that she's mastered the plot line of Les Mis, we've moved on to Pirates of Penzance. Love that she loves musicals.

My little man


I made Hudson some pj pants for this spring. The print has a bunch of barnyard animals, really cute

He loved them :) Hen's are cut out and I hope to sew them off tomorrow

Hen actually napped so once Hud was up he "helped" me make cupcakes. He put all the liners in the pan, and then sorted the sprinkles

So then I let them decorate the cupcakes. I have no idea why I thought it would go well. 

Once I took the knife away he just picked up each cupcake and sucked off the frosting. 

Don't be fooled by that innocent look and the neat frosting job. She ate her share, lol

Clive's final resting spot 

Snow, snow, ice, snow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE all the snow pictures. :) Bringing in snow what a GREAT idea. :) I may try that next week.
Hudson's haircut is adorable!!!!! He looks like such a little man.