Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Mud and Pi Day

We enjoyed that tease of Spring, but now we're back to freezing windy weather. The kids and I have colds, Henri is the worst off with lots of coughing but she's the one acting the best. Hudson does not do well with illness and is a total non-napping grouch. Thanks to the time change we've been able to take family walks after dinner the past few nights, though last night we kept it to a mile as it was only 20 degrees and the wind was vile. I've downscaled my imaginary garden even further, and this year we're attempting carrots, basil, and little tomatoes. Perhaps some beans. We've added a skunk to the vermin that skulk around our yard (pew!) so I know whatever I plant won't stand a chance. No real plans to look forward to, just getting through the days right now.

Look at that outdoor temperature!!!!


I dug out the bulkhead so we could check for flooding. It was 3 feet down and under a few inches of ice. It made a great baby-cage!

I've had to wash all their outdoor gear almost daily. Puddles are so much fun!

Hard to see, but his nails are bright pink. I'd painted Henri's, and he wanted in as well. 

See the green sprouts?!

Farmers Market with Allie. I always feel like I'm with the "in-crowd" when I go because we call her and she sets aside the stuff we like (kalamata olive bread and sesame crackers, yuuuummmm!!!)

This particular one is held inside a greenhouse and they have all these fun water elements set up. Here there was a fish pond with a HUGE goldfish (and yes, Hudson was throwing rocks at it....)

Almost sold out already. Good thing we called ahead

I never do this, but on Sunday the babies matched (and looked super cute) in browns and oranges. 

Henri's fashion sense. Way into polka dots right now. And layering shorts over leggings, and short sleeves over long. It's a battle I'm not willing to even contemplate.

We've been taking advantage of Trader Joe's daffodils. It's a looked for event each year; $1.50 for 10, buy a couple bunches, and they last us a whole week. Se cheerful!
We had boiled dinner last night to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, except I was lazy and just chucked everything into a big dish and cooked it in the oven for 6 hours on low heat. I figured it worked for stew, why not a roast? And it was delectable. Even more exciting, I have enough ingredients left over to make corned beef hash with poached eggs for dinner tonight!!!! Quick side note: we did our weekly grocery shopping at MB, and they were playing Irish jigs the whole time. Hudson danced the entire shopping trip with a HUGE grin on his face. The boy does love his music :)

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

Looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun! Glad you were able to get outside, your baby cage is great. ;)