Thursday, April 2, 2015

March Madness

It's finally Spring!!! And spring weather! And also our yard is a mud pit, so we're still not spending much time outside actually playing. But soon! Instead, Steve has started commuting by bike again, so I've had the car. Normally the kids and I go out once a week to shop and do the library. This week we've gone out every single day and I've hated it. Nothing is getting done, the kids need their unstructured play, and I feel so behind my on my (self imposed) tasks. Normal scheduling will resume next week, but in the meantime I've gotten a taste of how other moms live, and it's not for me! So what have we been doing??? Apparently a lot of walks and tackling of each other if the camera is to be believed :)

Tissue paper throwing

Adorable hand-me-down hoodie

Touring old houses

They gave Henri a paper with items to find as we went through. She loved it!

More greenhouses

I think we're going to adopt a cactus. Henri is very fascinated by them. and maybe I won't be able to kill it...


Hudson is finally sitting somewhat quietly through a whole book



I'll have to post the video later, but the boy can dance and run in these slip on, much too big for him, high heeled shoes. He's very pretty.

Dancing

If you can't beat them, let them join. It's time to admit I have created coffee addicts. Instead of having to fight them off my cup, after naptime I brew a fresh pot that's mostly decaf and they get their own (shot)glass.

But inevitably it's gone and then there's sorrow

After haunting Craigslist for a few months I finally got my BOB double jogger!!!! And taking pity on the kids, I also ordered a weather shield that should arrive just when we don't need it anymore. Oh well. We now own three jogging strollers and two kid bike seats....and one car. Clearly we're city folk at this point. 

Spent a Saturday morning learning the basics of calligraphy with pen and ink. So. much. fun! My normal handwriting is atrocious so this is taking a lot of work, but it's a really fun practice. Who knows, maybe I can get good enough to address wedding envelopes for a home business. Hah.

Taught the 2+3's Children's Church this past week and we made finger puppets for the story of Esther. All the kids loved it and were very meticulous.

So, once upon a time there was this super hot guy who married a girl that got, shall we say kindly, chubby. And finally he was sick of her making statements indicating an intention of some day working out whilst sitting on the couch eating chocolate, so he signed them both up for a 5K to be run 7 weeks hence (and yes, I know there are those of you reading this for whom a 5k is the warm up to your every day runs, but as one who is convinced their lungs are going to collapse after a few feet this has been murder!). And every day since they've loaded up the kids (a 15 minute ordeal) and sllllooooooowwwwlllly struggled through the Couch to 5K workout. Well, the hot guy hasn't. He ran a 5k, in the middle of a 6 mile slog, in sub-25minutes this past weekend, so he'll be fine. But the girl could use your prayers. And sympathy. And a chocolate bar when this is over. Thanks. 

That's snow. Not a hill with snow on it, but a hill made all of snow (and sand, obviously). We're never going to see grass again.

Hudson reading to Henri

Hudson's tie to match Henri's dress for Easter

'Ol Faithful has made it to 175K! 

Lamb ear headband

These appeared yesterday. The green nubs should also be flowers, but the groundhog/squirrel/opossum/skunk ate them already

Long walks are still a sure-fire way to make her nap. For all my whining, I really have been enjoying the training (well, parts of it. The non-running parts). Hudson sings to us to keep up the motivation, Henri hounds us until we get out of the house and then critiques our speed (never fast or long enough to suit her). Hudson yells out "car!" every time one approaches to make sure we get over, and apparently the neighbors have become vested in our enterprise because I went out by myself yesterday and got asked if we were having marital problems by a guy a few houses down because we always jog together, lol. 
We have a super busy and exciting weekend coming up with Good Friday, Final Four Saturday, and then Easter!!! My daily "to do" list has been finalized and I start the baking tomorrow morning with Hot Cross Buns and carrot cake. Yuuuummmm!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was such a fun post. :) LOVE Huds tie. :) Your stroller is AWEsome! if we lived in town I would walk everywhere too. It looks like you are staying busy and happy!!! LOVED all the pictures. That mound of snow is incredible! Carrot cake sounds delicious right now!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention that Joshua loves coffee too. Whenever we are out and Josh gets one he always asks " where's mine?" We use shot glasses for the little ones too. They are the perfect size for little hands.