Thursday, February 20, 2014

Snow days

Lots of snow. Lots of inside Pinterest-inspired activities. Lots of sameness. But today we got to go out for a bit! Henri's been really getting in to helping me with housework which is nice, and we've finally had a breakthrough in bedroom cleanliness, so I'm having to do a lot less organizing for her. Hudson has developed a serious temper scream whenever the slightest thing doesn't go his way, and he seems to be hitting separation anxiety early. He also gave me a nasty bite the other day, and lets just say my goal of 24 months of breastfeeding just changed to a session-to-session decision. Ouch. I've started putting him in the high chair for meal time and he's just tickled with himself. Ruth, as far as feeding him goes, it's really whatever I can tolerate that particular day. For example, I hadn't mopped today so it was babyled weaning all the way (I put black bean soup on his tray, flattened the beans a bit, let him go to town trying to feed himself). Other days he gets tastes of stuff in his feeder (it's a silicone one, much easier to clean. Munchkin, sold by Target, makes it). And still other days I spoon feed him puree or yogurt. He doesn't have the hand dexterity to really pick up stuff and get it to his mouth, so spoon feeding is just easiest for me. And not spoon, he prefers me to use a fork. Very very very opinionated. As far as what I'm feeding him, the doctor did say he could have anything, so I'm just feeding him anything. Not meat, but that's more because we don't eat a lot of it and when he does have some I want it to be organic free range stuff. And I don't think it's necessary to him. So far he seems to mimic my likes and go towards the more middle eastern flavors of cumin and curry. We're going through a lot of laundry :)

















1 comment:

Genevieve said...

The snow pictures are just too much!! You have the cutest family and you guys are always doing such fun things!