Monday, February 3, 2014

How does Henri like Hudson?

I get asked this every time we are out of the house. The simple answer, she loves him. The long one? She loves him. Buuut, she's not too interested in being selfless and sharing the spotlight with him. If she's got something to do, his wants have no bearing on her life. And even though he worships the ground she walks on, air she breathes, and wants nothing more than her attention, she can be a little stinker and snub him. But when she does look at him, he just turns himself inside out he's so delighted. She's been really good about sharing her toys (actually, she just gave him her beloved doll Bobby to suck on and thought it was sweet that he loved on her), and a lot of times when I'm in another room and he squawks she's the first one to him and give him something to play with. She doesn't seem to be bothered by his screaming in the car, gets me diapers for him, helps to give him his bath, and encourages him to scoot. All in all, I think they have a pretty close bond for a toddler and baby. The following photos kind of illustrates a typical day between them:

She's looking at me!!!!

Let's refuse to smile for a picture

Spontaneously giving each other kisses

Hud thrilled he's gotten affection, Henri telling him something

Hen: Hm, maybe I didn't want to kiss him

Hud: Want to talk to me again?
Hen: No, I really didn't want to kiss him...

Hud: I want another kiss!


Hud: Riiiight here. I'm so cute!

Hen: Let me act like I want to snuggle him

Hen: Oops, I didn't see him (because I shut my eyes when I deliberately elbowed him)

Hen: Haha! He's down!!!

Hud: (resigned noises)
Hen: Awwww, poor Huddie!

Hen attempts to right Hud 
And then the cycle repeats. Very long answer to say, yup, they act like siblings :)
And no child was harmed in this filming. She really is gentle with him, and there's a chance he was tipping before she applied a little force to encourage the topple.

4 comments:

Genevieve said...

how cute are they?! oh my gosh!! I love this post!

Genevieve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Meredith,
I want to send Hudson one of those Chewy Q's. I FULLY intended to send an outfit that I bought for him when he was born.....but I waited and he grew. All that to say please send me your address and I will get it off to him before he has a mouth FULL of teeth. :) ~ Nikki

JG said...

Hilarious! And sounds familiar :)
They are so, so cute. I've been wondering (even though she's the star of course)... any thought about the blog name? ;)