Monday, December 31, 2012

Fudge Recipe

We're coming off of two weeks of partying and just enjoying family, and a result of that has been a TON of food consumed. Mom made my favorite peanut butter chocolate cream pie, and then to appease the non-peanut butter OR chocolate eaters in the family (Steve) she made an apple pie. Which was so good she made another the next day. And there was none left for breakfast. Steve made the rookie mistake of giving Henri a huge piece, reasoning that she'd eat only a little and then he'd get to finish it off, thus getting two pieces. While she normally eats very few sweets and is pretty good at limiting herself, on this occasion her head went down and there was no prying the pie from her grip. She inhaled it faster than we ate ours and was very very happy. I guess I should have seen it coming as she asks a few times a week for an apple pie (she'd had one once in her life before and it clearly made an impact).
Anyway, we are home and safe and someone nicely plowed part of our driveway while we were away (have I mentioned our fantastic neighbors?) and back to healthy(ish) eating. But I had a request for the Nutella Fudge recipe I mentioned a while back. Rather than try to make it sound original, I'll just give you the link HERE. Very simple to make, very easy to eat the whole pan yourself. Be warned.
I doubt I'll stay up till midnight tonight as I am now very old and have a busy week to go, but I plan to spend some time re-capping the year (complete with pictures!) for you all for later this week. Hope you're having wonderful celebrations!

1 comment:

Mrs. Josh said...

Thank you for sharing this recipe. I can't wait to try it.