Friday, November 30, 2012

A boring week...

Also a sleep deprived week. While working overnight shifts works great for our family schedule, it generally means I get 3ish hours of sleep in a 48+ hour period. I know that's nothing compared to what my brother pulls, but it's really throwing me. Even with a decent nights sleep I'm still wonky, and I have absolutely no idea what day of the week, or month, or even year, it is. Our professors have told us over and over that midwifery school is like pregnancy and labor, and I totally get that now. I'm clearly in the transition stage where you've lost all sense of time and place and are totally focused on one thing: get this schooling (labor) over with! Not to say that I don't enjoy it. The staff at hospital and birth center continue to be welcoming and kind, my clients are wonderful, and I don't think I could have imagined a better preceptor than Connie. I'm also thrilled to announce I have now performed many speculum exams and paps and received rave reviews from both Connie and my clients. It's stuff like this that gets me excited to head to clinic every morning :)
So because I've been either zombie brain or at the hospital, the picture count is low. Here are a few I had on my phone. Plans for the upcoming week include decorating the church, a surprise dinner with Aunt Tammy and Uncle Paul, a 24hour shift at the center/hospital, decorating the house, and lots of paper writing (it never seems to end). I have tons of crafting I need to get going on for Christmas, as well as 40% of my shopping left to do, so I'm looking forward to the break I have in clinicals in two weeks.
Getting ready for the park is now a huge production. H has become a big fan of swinging

I read an article on the jobs your 18-month old should have. H's doing most of them, but I hadn't included her in meal prep (I hate people in the kitchen when I'm trying to cook). I let her whisk the dry ingredients and then cut in the shortening for our biscuits. She actually did a great job and they turned out delicious. She still refused to eat one, though...

She got to play with a small ball of dough later on and enjoyed that as well

Sorry about the background...She loves to ride in her doll's stroller so she was getting pushed around this morning while getting ready for school

No comments: