Thursday, November 8, 2012

Photo Dump!

This has been a normal week of paper writing, studying, grocery shopping, laundry, organizing...the usual. Adding to the fun has been the on-again/off-again nature of my clinical site. Looooong story short, I am currently set to take to the halls of Cambridge Hospital on Saturday night at 1930. If anyone is having the hankering to birth a child, the aforementioned would be a great time. Despite the years of study, yada yada yada...it wasn't until the orienter at the hospital told me I'd be getting a pager did I feel like a genuine student nurse-midwife. This is real and it's happening!

Mostly because the days have been mundane, the camera hasn't come out much. But we've had some leaf days and some snow days, so I just cleared off the camera (and my phone) and here's what there was:

Mom brought us a bushel of apples for our anniversary gift. H has been helping herself whenever she's feeling a bit peckish (haha, get it??)

H's new "smile for the camera" smile

Lobster hands!!!!!!! This winter is going to be a challenge for her. She was having trouble walking with the layers of clothes throwing her off balance

S and I went to the Cheesecake Factory where I got...(drumroll, please)....cheesecake!!!! And other good stuff...

The only damage we got from Sandy was the stripping of our trees. Lots of leaf piles made and disposed of over the hill

Forced labor

I've just thrown in the towel. Sesame Street comes on at 1000, and it's a standing date at this point. As H's down to just one nap a day, this is my sanity saver. Almost a solid 45 minutes to myself. I usually end up watching with her....especially Super Grover!!!! But I hate Elmo so I leave at that point

She likes to surround herself with friends, pillows and a beverage. Girl knows how to view

Elmo just went off the screen; this is her gearing up for a hissy fit till he reappears

First snow! We got about an inch and then it sleeted all morning today and now it's gone. The exterminator told me it's supposed to get warm next week. He also told me there was no sign of termite activity. 3 visits and we've been clean each time. Phew.

As it was sleeting/raining we stayed inside today. H checking out the snow

The thrill of being allowed to stand on the chair was almost more than that of seeing the snow

Showing Bobby the snow. These two are pretty inseparable at this point. And when she has nothing better to do, H chants "Bobby Bobby Bobby" over and over and over. And over and over and over and over....I hope you begin to see why the Sesame Street is so vital to me...



Another favorite pastime; looking at herself and shouting "Henhe!" (her version of her name). My computer's screen saver is set to pictures so H likes to just watch herself (as she makes up 97% of my photos) scroll across the screen

Pigtails and big eyes. Love this squirt.
That's it, folks. I was supposed to babysit tomorrow but that got pushed off so I'll have time to write the paper that's due tomorrow so I shan't bother doing it tonight. I get to get my flu vaccine (yippee....although I get the preservative free because of H so it shouldn't hurt as much) and then hope to check out the newly opened Michael's in Porter. Steve actually asked what I was going for and I just looked at him speechless. Does anyone go into these places looking for particulars? I just walk in knowing I can only spend a certain amount. I've never failed to find stuff I couldn't live without. Although I still need to get some wooden letters to decorate H's room with...I think I'll pull out some yarn and needles and get started on these tonight.  Happy snuggling-in weather!

1 comment:

JG said...

Great pics! I have to say Henri is suddenly looking older and bigger to me... maybe it's that her hair is getting so much longer?! She is a beautiful little girl! Just oozes personality :)