Saturday, November 3, 2012

18 months and 4 years

The past week was a milestone one for us. Henri turned 18 months (which feels more significant than a year to me) and Steve and I celebrated four years of marriage. And by celebrated I mean we had scrambled eggs for supper and went to a meeting at church. How quickly romantic nonsense dies. Anyway, I've been spending a lot of time looking at old pictures and videos of H as a baby. I don't really remember her as I think of her as she is now, but it looks like she was a pretty cute baby :)
Here are a few comparison shots from the last year:

A few days old

6 months


We thought she was so grown up already

Starting to scoot around

She's still a smiley baby


Last year


This year!
I hope everyone stayed safe in the storm. We just got lots of rain and wind and had to rake the leaves the next day. The folks just left after spending the night, and H came down with a cold and is all stuffed up. I'm supposed to start clinicals on Saturday (night shift at the hospital! Come on babies!!!) but paperwork and additional requirements are proving to be more than a little frustrating. In the meantime I'm writing papers and Steve is working a ton of late nights and H is back to loving her school. And I think Steve and I are going out this week to properly celebrate our anniversary :)

5 comments:

Nikki said...

Happy Anniversary!!! :) Little Henri is so cute. LOVED the first picture of her smiling. That was precious. Our Faithie was like that smiling for her birth announcement pictures. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. Steven

Diane M said...

I can't believe she is a year & a half already. I miss you both, would love to see you & your new house when you have time!
Diane

Meredith said...

Thanks, Nikki. Meghan got that shot when Papa was holding Henri and it's always been a favorite. Steve, thanks for being supportive :) And Diane, we would love for you to come see the house/have some coffee/chat! Email me some days that work and we'll get together.

jen oliver said...

She is so cute...love that smile! Happy late anniversary!