Friday, February 10, 2012

The week I forgot to record anything

Week 4! Almost blew it off tonight since not a whole lot happened this week, but here we are:

Friday: S did indeed come home with the yuckies so he layed about all day while I tried to keep H from knowing he was home so she wouldn't want to play with him. He was fine by supper and ate. Friday night I was up all night so on Saturday

Saturday: I layed around all day and S watched H. I think we made it out for a walk in the afternoon.

Sunday: Given our every 24 hour affliction pattern I figured H would be next, plus she'd been up a ton the night before and was a grouch, so we stayed home. She never seemed to get the GI bug, but she was a beast. Crying/throwing fits nonstop. S went to a Super Bowl party, I put H to bed and had the place and TV to myself.

Monday: Another rough night with H. And a really rough day. She was determined to get into everything she wasn't allowed to be in and then throw a fit when taken away/told "no"...and then go right back to it and repeat the cycle. She did take 6 consecutive steps, though, and would do so periodically throughout the evening.

Tuesday: A repeat of Monday. H will occasionally walk to where she's going if she's already standing when she decides to change places.

Wednesday: Becoming my grocery shopping day. Went to Shaw's to get the free circular and some groceries (57% savings rate this trip!!!) and then Target and Market Basket. H was really good. Wouldn't ride in the cart at Target but that kept me from a bunch of impulse buys since we just needed to get out. H now knows where her food source is located even when I'm clothed and if I ask if she wants a boobie she grins and pulls my neckline down. I think it's pretty funny, but she doesn't really have a grasp of where that behavior is appropriate (like, not in the parking lot of Target....). We went to playgroup again and I was so happy to see that the first week wasn't a fluke. H once again had a wonderful time and I loved chatting with some of the residents/other moms. I think next week we'll have to go a little later as we were the first ones there and H thought the place belonged to her. But maybe that's just her personality. She wasn't selfish with the toys or anything, she just figured every baby and their toys they brought were hers for the taking and inspecting. The other moms seemed to think it funny, but I worry they'll be annoyed/think I can't control my daughter. Which at this age I'm not sure I can. She loves checking out new objects and she's very determined to do it at her own pace. The leader brought out bubbles and while she was fascinated I think they started to frustrate her that she couldn't roll them like a ball. Church that evening, I was in nursery, H refused to walk with anyone watching. Then used a BOGO coupon to get a 3 scoop sundae.

Thursday: My lovey, happy baby was back. Phew, I thought we'd hit the terrible 2's already. Played at home, napped together, long walk, made supper. Her new love is cheerios, both to eat and throw on the floor, so by giving her a pile in her high chair I was able to make a decent stir fry for supper.

Friday: H up multiple times in the night and then for good at 0600. Too early! Normally she's good till about 8. I pretended to believe she was going to fall asleep in our bed with us so that S would get up and take her. It worked =D Then she was ready for her morning nap by 9 and slept almost 2 hours. Yay! Went to Burlington to try their Sister Thrift and was very disappointed in the selection though I did get a dress and a shirt. H walking a lot more now. She went across the living room for something like it was nothing. Berry Line for desert, H got to stay up an extra hour so hopefully that doesn't haunt us, made food for tomorrow's Ladies Fellowship and soon to bed. Huge amount of school work due at 1700 Monday. Hope to make it.....
H found S's wallet when he was too ill to retrieve it. She's pretty good at pulling out credit cards!


Sally the Camel, beloved by us both


Playing with toys, H style

New toy that kept her amused all afternoon

Owl hat from a friend's Etsy shop


Will fit great this fall. Soooooooo soft!


Had to use blocks to get her to keep still


1 comment:

Nikki said...

My mom gave me your blog address and I could not wait to pop in and say hi.:)Henri is adorable.I love her little owl hat.