Friday, August 1, 2014

July wrap up

Guess I haven't had my camera out much lately as I've made a decision to keep my phone put away as much as is humanly possible when'm with the kids. While it helps with presencing and being in the moment (and cuts down on bad behavior from the kids trying to compete with the phone), it does mean I rarely have anything on hand with which to take a picture. No matter, there's not much to take one of :)
Hudson's first birthday is in two weeks (!) so stay tuned with bated breath for a post all about the little guy he's become. Also his birth story which I seem to have forgotten to record. I think I remember the salient points. We are officially out of babyhood, forever!!!!, and on Sunday I'm handing off the last of my baby stuff except the car seat as Hud still fits it. He's a walking, talking machine and I'd like to be sappy and say I'm missing the infant stage, but let's be honest, that age is the pits. Not that he wasn't the cutest baby ever, and not that I don't miss the snuggles, but it's so nice to send both kids off to play in their room while I do the dishes, and to have both come when I call, and to see the personality coming out (and he does exert his personality. a lot. which is to say, holy fits!!!). Anyway, I'm excited to be hitting the 12-24.5mo range, it's always been a favorite of mine. Last note, I'm realizing why moms of all boys are so stinking fit. I haven't been to the gym in a year and my arms are getting the best tone they've had in ages. Hurray for constant messes that need to be cleaned ;)

We've been at the park at least daily these past few weeks

He's a big fan of climbing high and being taller than Mom 

fabulous!!!!

He loves his toothbrush

He worked so hard to push Hen around the yard

Not as impressive looking as the actual storm was, but it was sure fun to watch

I'm not a mom who gets all kid-centric when shopping. But the worker held out this cart for us when he saw us walking in so it felt rude to refuse. They were beyond excited! Whooping and laughing the whole store. Was pretty funny.

Hen's favorite part of the park lately has been the swing. We're working on learning to pump, but she prefers lying down

Houghton Pond outing this morning. Really the best beach ever for little kids, and the pond is clean enough that even I will swim in it

Love the shingling on this roof

Picnic lunch. Both kids have started to scowl/look serious whenever the camera is out, but they were having a grand time. 
The kids and I are hoping to head home for the week so we can attend Field Days (maple milkshakes!!!!), swim, and of course see the folks. Steve will have a long to do list for while we're gone, and when we get back I hope to transition Henri to a bed (yes, she's still in her crib, but she loves it!) and then move Hud in with her. Just realized we've spent more of our marriage with a child in our room than out of it. Can't wait to reorganize the space, throw out a ton of stuff, and get ready for the fall. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much fun reading about what you all are up to. Maybe we will see you at Field days? We are going on Wednesday I think. We were not planning on going but we were given some tickets so we are hoping to go now. :)

JG said...

Ok so where is the birth story?! I am so jealous you are getting rid of baby stuff... That's something I need to commit to! I was very happy to move out of the baby stage with Kaia too. I have to say, she has been a MUCH more challenging toddler than Sophia, and so I am still waiting to get to a "favorite age" with Kaia (I loved the 1-3 range with Sophia too!). I hope Hud is easier on you!