Tuesday, August 19, 2014

August phone picts to date

I actually do have real pictures on the camera, but dragging out a cord seems like so much work right now, so I'll just share what's on the phone :)

He has favorite books and will occasionally read to himself (yay!)

Blueberry picking at the Lower Notch Farm. I'm told this is their last year :( Super easy fast picking and we got enough for eating, muffins, and a pie. Not bad for 30 minutes of work :)

"Working" in Papa's herb garden. Sorry, Papa....


Steve painted his sailboat and added oar locks while we were gone, so we loaded it up and paraded down the street to test her out. (She does have a name, we just haven't christened her yet as the paint job this weekend went a bit awry. Once it's on properly we'll pour the libation and get serious about learning to sail).

He needs to learn to row properly first. We had about 15 spectators and they enjoyed the show immensely! 

My little pudge finally went under the sprinkler. He wasn't too impressed.

Her mouth never stops moving. Never have to wonder what she's thinking about!

Crazy hair

He looooves this rake and someone let him bring it inside so now there's no escaping from it.

Birthday morning! And yes, I used Christmas wrapping paper. It was the only non-pink stuff I had.

Not that he would have cared, he loves all things pink and girly right now. Especially hair brushes and headbands. Good thing Henri's nice about sharing hers. 

I made carrot cake, same as Hens first bday. Made him his own smallish one, thought he'd take a nibble and that would be it like Hen did. 

Nope. He knew just what to do with this cake, and there was no getting any of it away from him!


There were a few crumbs left and even then he was screaming for more. At least he got a full serving of veggies in :)


He would not cooperate for this picture! My geraniums are reblooming and looked so nice with his rake and socks. But nope, he had to keep moving. 

Henri helping to anchor him

Monkey see....

monkey try to do


The "A" she drew. She's starting to consistently recognize some letters, and she's showing a lot of interest in lettering around her, wanting me to spell out stuff, so we might be getting closer to finally reading. 

Friends gave him a tool kit, he knows just how to use that hammer!

I rescued him as soon as I took the photo, but he gets like this innumerable times a day and screams each time. You'd think he'd learn at some point.  

You might notice from the skirt that Henri's very in to being a ballerina right now. Not sure if we should start dance classes this fall or not. I'm sure she'd like it, I just don't like the commitment to activities this young as I hate to be tied to something should I decide to take off to VT or just stay home if the kids are cranky. Anyway, the Pandora ballet station is getting a workout, as are her dance shoes I found for her at the thrift store. 
So, pretty typical August. Lots of park and walks, kids are starting to play well in the yard (at least, they like to dig in the flower beds). We had a fantastic week in VT hanging out with the family and hope to repeat very soon. The kids kept a great schedule there, wish they would have maintained it here. Not sure what's going on, but Hudson's skipping his morning nap, hardly eating except to nurse, and up 3x/night lately. I'm beat, so hopefully it's just a tooth or something that resolves soon. We made a one night attempt to move him to Henri's room but that ended after a 15 minute hysterical screaming fit (his, not mine). Henri was a lot older when we moved her out of our room, so we might just have to wait, but I get the sense he's ready and might sleep better. I know Henri is very ready for him to move in, she was beside herself upset that he didn't spend the night. Only real plans are to go peach picking soon. I need some cobbler, and I'd like to put up some peach pickles again :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As always...loved your update. Joshua has been up nursing a lot each night for over a week and then getting up with me in the early a.m.Josh pointed out he might need more food before bed so last night we gave him cereal before bed and though he woke up at 4:00 to nurse he went back to sleep. Was so happy about that! Hope you have a similar solution.