Monday, April 7, 2014

Spring has sprung!

We have been soaking up every possible second outside. The double stroller is proving it is worth it's weight in, well, itself. Seriously, this stroller weighs about 3 tons empty. I'm banking on it to get me in shape for the summer. Anyway, we are emerging from hibernation. The kids are both having huge leaps in their development. Henri is becoming very physical. The difference in what she'll try (and succeed at) on the playground from last fall to now just shocks me. She's still timid, but she's climbing the cargo netting to the top, spinning on the twisty seats, gleefully calling everyone at the park "friend" and joining in their play. And a development I'm not thrilled about is that the "why" stage has hit. Hard. Expected, but still suuuupperrr tedious. And she potty trained. In a day. I suppose there's a chance it won't stick, but last Wednesday we put on undies and we haven't looked back. I knew this already, but my mom really is always right. She said to wait till Hen turned 3. I (almost) did, and voila, no stress :)
Hudson is starting to follow instructions. He comes when called (and if he doesn't, Henri pretends to run away and Hudson chases her so I use her a lot to herd him), shoots both arms in the air when you ask him how big he is, waves "hi" and "bye", and gives high-5's. Of course he thinks any attempt to make him use sign language is hysterical so the "please", "more", and "thank you" is lacking. He's pretty much eating whatever we're having and has a very accurate internal clock. 5:15 on the dot he's melting down if he's not in his high chair getting at least a snack. Avocados were a hit (Hen still hates them) and Cheerios are his love language. He's still not up on knees but I can't imagine how he could move any faster than he does now. And he went to nursery by himself for the first time ever. There were some tears when I picked him up but I think he did just fine (and he'd suckered the workers in to giving him a whole container of cheerios to eat...).


It's going to be a rough summer. He just wants to get in to everything 

First line of 2014! Slept soooo well that night :)

My flowers are up! Well, they were until the groundhog snipped them off :(


Phone picts; we went for a "hike" on Saturday

Found this huge and awesome playground close to home

Hens version of hiking

Views from the top

3 comments:

Genevieve said...

Oh my gosh, I totally agree about the double strollers, they are legit! I have no idea how people run with them, I can barely walk! haha. And by the way, you look awesome, so fit!

I love seeing your laundry outside, that makes me so happy because it is such a warm weather thing to do!

And I just love seeing their little smiles, they always look so happy. :)

Anonymous said...

Okay I have a lot to say..... Has Hudson forgot that he is too little to do all that stuff?? He is adorable! I think potty training should always go like that. I refuse to be the one being trained. Love when it clicks like that. Mercy is 2 1/2 and still in diapers. I don't even sweat it. She will care someday. :)You look terrific....getting out in the fresh air feels so good. We love it. I LOVE seeing that you have updated. I think you have two ADORABLE kids and I LOVE to see them.

Meredith said...

Gen-I'm glad mine's not the only double jogger that's so heavy! I thought I was a wuss, haha. I love laundry on the line :)
Nikki-He just wants to do everything Henri can, so he's pretty busy. And I just read that the average age for girls to train is 35mo, it's like 37 for boys. That's just when they're physically capable. So why bother before? I agree with not training the mom but the kid :) And thanks for the compliment. I'm starting to understand what people mean when they say they've been chasing their kids all day. Henri was so laid back I never broke a sweat. That's all changing now!