Thursday, March 27, 2014

Keeping it real

Just a few of the moments around here lately. The kids both have colds so they're awake a lot coughing. Henri's had a fever but Hudson's dodged that so far. It's kept us home, but that's been a blessing in disguise as there's a nasty stomach bug going around (and around and around since no one believes in the germ theory anymore apparently) that I'd very much like to dodge.

He's getting very fast and sneaky at swiping Henri's toys. Fortunately she's fine with it

It just amazes me how tall she's gotten compared to when we bought her this kitchen. When it first came into our house she could barely reach the sink and cook top!

Still just 2 teeth though I can see another 4 ready to come in at any moment. He got his first toothbrush today and was very happy to be imitating his big sister

Having a cooperative moment

Selfies :)

Soooo excited about this thrift store find! A Corolle doll for just $2. Hudson loves Henri's, so I've been on the lookout for one for him. Her name is Lucy :)

Lucy meeting Bobby. 

Along with not sleeping much at night, Hudson has decided naps (especially morning ones) are no longer necessary. But constantly holding him is. 

no idea what she's saying here

A more realistic look of the looks she's usually giving lately. The teenage years come so fast!

Markers and painting. Finger painting is really fun! Henri instructed me in the finer points of it

Singing on her podium

He's suuuuuper sensitive to Henri's moods. She was fake crying at lunch, and he was so concerned. As soon as she stopped and told him she was OK he perked right up. Until she "cried" again, lol.

Henri loves to put out our flag so that she can bring it in at night and sing Taps to it. 

How Lucy is usually utilized

Bundling up for a walk outside

I attempted to spray paint for a co-op project. In addition to almost getting frostbite, I somehow coated myself, and not the pots, in yellow. 
I don't think we have anything fun coming up for this week, so it shall be more studying, cabin fever, and reading lots of books to Hen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are some of the ones passing around those stomach bug germs I am afraid. It struck us again. So far three down today. :( I think we are home for a couple days at least.
LOVE your thrift store doll. We bought a Ballerina Corelle (sp?) for $2 too a few weeks ago. I LOVE their faces. I always pick them up when I find one because as you know I don't think one can have TOO mANY babies. :)

Diane said...

Love the pics Meredith. The kids are getting so big! We just got back from St marten, had an awesome dessert down there- Nutella Crème Brulee! Thought of you right away- it was yummy. Need to come visit some day soon! Diane

Genevieve said...

Sorry the kids have been sick, it seems to have been a rough winter in the sickness department for everyone, ugh! I always love seeing what you guys are up to, you are so great at documenting everyday life! I also love the art station you have set up on the table, great idea!