Saturday, July 28, 2012

a week of water

Lots of fun this week. We went to the water park every day but one and H is fearless at this point. It has a one low pressure sprayer but the rest is pretty powerful. In direct relation, there have been some fantastic 2 hour afternoon naps happening about the homestead. She gets a little giddy about 1 after lunch and is a blur of motion until 4 when she's dropped in her crib and goes to sleep clutching Ellie (her pink elephant lovie).

 Lets see....we walked the Battle Road trail last Saturday, Indian buffet for lunch after church on Sunday (and was it ever good!), muttering about how I'd never procrastinate again and paper completed on Monday, friends over for supper on Tuesday, continuing to love Poland Springs strawberry daiquiri mix with lemons and crushed ice, getting to AND from Logan on my very first try (normally I circle a few times, lol), corrupting the children in nursery's minds on Wednesday night with Sesame Street on YouTube, opening ceremonies party last night at friends with way too much good food, starting my umpteenth attempt at the "couch to 5K" program and remembering that I hate running and exercise just makes me hungry, and getting H a bike seat and helmet today and going for our first ride!

On the last, I'd put off Steve for a long time as I didn't think it was safe, but we got a Cadillac of a seat and I think I want one for me in case of accident. She seemed to like it and that was after a long morning with no nap, so I have hope of many rides together and easier grocery shopping trips. I didn't notice much difference in handling, but then again I haven't ridden in almost 2 years. It's definitely back heavy but I'll just avoid really steep hills :)

I've been determined to use up our well stocked pantry instead of always grocery shopping so other than milk, OJ and yogurt all our meals were made from what was on hand. I was pretty low on proteins and veggies, so it was interesting, but Steve didn't seem to mind too much. We had some really good tuna burgers. And I've been on a hot chili paste kick, adding it to everything. Did you know that English muffins with butter, strawberry jam and hot chili paste are a.m.a.z.i.n.g??? Yup. They are.

Not many photos of the week as H becomes a stinker when I get the camera out, but here are a few:
Zippers are no longer a great option if you want the clothes to stay on

Duster love continues, along with all things bag

What I look like after a walk/struggle. Not usually this wet, but it poured on us

Aaaaand the phone continues to hate me. Tomatoes starting to ripen! We also have a woodchuck that's thrilled with this.

She likes to dress up

Mr. Sushi knows how to treat a baby right!

They also know how to treat Mama's right. This is their bento box lunch special. All this AND miso soup for under $10??? I'd eat there every day if I had the car

Bike ride
It's pouring out now so I'm off watering duty again. Steve's replacing the lock on our front (side? we still haven't decided...) door so hopefully we can get in again. Have some reading to do but I'll probably go make supper instead. Hope everyone is staying safe in all these storms!

No comments: