Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Photo dump

As I mentioned, the past few weeks have been a bit busy. Finished my semester, went to VT two weekends in a row, had some in laws in for a week, prepared and held a baby shower (for a much-anticipated and already-loved-to-pieces little boy and his wonderful mama), and started yet another semester (I should be reading about labor dystocia right now buuuuttt....). Also have a sister coming to stay for a bit tomorrow with plans to meet her in ME so H will hopefully get some quality sand time.

In spite of all the ruckus, we've managed to keep a fairly steady schedule. This is rather vital for both my sanity and H's well-being. Sundays are always horrible because there's no avoiding the meltdown; she needs her morning nap and it just can't happen when you're gone from 0845-1pm. Anyway, for those that care, a typical day is: 0500ish H awake for her first breakfast (excited to announce she now signs in sentence: "milk please") and back to bed. 0700-0800 up for the day (enthusiastic waving from the crib lets us know she's not fooled by us faking our snores). I let her roam the room and pretend she'll magically fall asleep again. Once she hits me in the nose with a book and/or uncovers my feet to tickle them I roll out of bed, open all the windows and curtains and put on a CD for her to dance to while I make breakfast (cream of wheat with maple syrup; nice source of iron). She eats, then it's chore time. H is in love with our fleece duster so all the low shelves are well dusted. Read books, play with the kitchen set, nurse and nap around 10. Homework time! 1200ish she's up and we have a long lunch of this and that. More play, head outside for some pool time (best $7 I've ever spent on a toy) and to check on our garden. Back inside around 3:30 for nap, make supper, H gets up, S gets home around 1800, eat, play with Dad, bedtime routine and we start again. Might sound boring on paper but I rarely sit and find it quite fulfilling.

Anywho, you really just wanted to look at picts, so here you go. These are just off the camera, I'm not up to fighting my phone tonight:

Hanging out with the sisters on Visit #1

Ignoring all the wonderful toys at Gram and Papa's, H took over my lawn chair where I was trying to get a tan

Her kisses are still more slobbers, but they're the sweetest kisses in the world!

Baby shower wreath

First, and pretty much only, peas from our garden. I'm not too sad about the poor showing because I really loathe the things

2nd VT trip. View as we sit on the lawn. Truly God's country

What every VT girl needs; shovel and bucket to garden with, tractor for everything imaginable, and a golf ball to throw at the squirrels

Papa's been filling in the walkway with small gravel and H is beyond enamored of it. She was happy to just sit and sift rocks all day. There has got to be some way of making a profit off that....

H getting ready to caddy for daddy

Ignore the ball on the ground and focus instead on my awesome backswing

H's 4th (well, Sunday before the 4th) outfit from Aunt Anna.

Adorable dress and leggings made by the talented and beloved Miss Kelsea. She and Dr.(!!!!) David left us today and there have been lots of tears lost over the past few weeks. Hoping to see them in September!

Uncle Sheffy and Gramma Sue arrive!

So, this fit her last year for the 4th as well (when she was 2.5 months old!!!) and the pantaloons that go with it are still huge on her. I guess maybe I'll make an appt with her MD at some point just to make sure she's on some curve somewhere

S and his family went to the fireworks. I listened to the forecast (and knew there was no way H would tolerate being out that late and sit still) and stayed home

More skyline before the sky opened up and they got evacuated and came home without seeing the fireworks. Next year I think we'll just go down the street as it sounded like there were some nice ones going off over the lake

Haha, what mowing all summer will give you

Despite moaning about the lack of nephews in his life, David is a fantastic uncle to Henri and she adores him

My lovely mother-in-law checking out my garden

H entertaining herself with a stick

Fascinated with the tree

She's not so fond of the lillebaby anymore. Such a lifesaver when she was, though! Sad to have it on the outs, but maybe she'll change her mind later

Enjoying the view at Halibut State Park

Fishing vessel. Maybe lobster boat.

None of us went swimming :)

A girl and her duster, what a wonderful love
I intend to prolong the vacation feel for a few more days so hopefully there will be some outings to report. Otherwise, it's back to the grindstone and over-cramming of my brain with facts and applications :)

2 comments:

JG said...

What a nice vacay! The baby shower wreath is AMAZING and hilarious! I kept staring at it and wondering what the heck it was, and then I finally figured it out :) Henri seems to be enjoying her summer (and you too!) yay for family time and hanging around outside!

Nikki said...

I really enjoy reading what you are up to. Henri is so sweet. Love her cherry Robeez. I think they are a wonderful invention. You do keep busy. :)