Monday, May 14, 2012

Mom's Day

Happy Mother's Day! I realize this was yesterday, but I was too busy being pampered/packing to write. Unlike birthdays, which exist because, well, you're alive, Mother's Day felt like a deserved holiday. Last year was my first but I was too foggy with crazy hormones to register anything other than "I forgot to get my mom a card (Steve saved the day) and we're about to be on our own with this tiny thing and what if something happens while mom's driving home and why and I still so fat and.....". So, this was my first "with-it" one. And let me tell you, I totally begin to get why my mom is so amazing. I always loved her of course, and always had some level of appreciation for what she did, but now that I have just one child....wow, I really don't know how she does it. So I guess I still don't fully understand how wonderful my mom is. But I'm beginning to grasp it. And selfishly, this makes me a little bummed to realize I'm going to have to wait another 25+ years before anyone begins to "get" what I do as a mom and be in awe :)
I still forgot to get her a card, though. We did uphold the tradition of a long Mother's Day walk. Unlike the VT ones, I gained 3lbs because we made BerryLine the destination and they had peppermint oreo and I added oreos to mine and didn't share one bite.

My mom <3


And in an unrelated side note, I just had to record this somewhere in a braggy manner. I had a very successful shopping day today.
First we walked to Porter where I spent $4 and obtained $50 worth of groceries (3lbs cheese, marinades, bbq sauce, bananas, strawberries, lettuce, yogurt for H, orange juice). Then we went to CVS and I got 2 packs of Pampers and Pampers wipes for $14 (not amazing, but 50% savings so I was happy). Then home where I was informed of another deal, so off to another CVS for 4 bottles of Steve's favorite Pantene shampoo at $1.10/bottle. And $2 for my next trip :) Also got in a 4ish mile workout (not to mention a hosing off in the downpour on the way home). Now to find a box to pack it all in :D

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day. It sounded busy but fun. You sure found great deals.:) I LOVE hearing about your deals.:)
I posted some pictures for you on our blog of Faith last summer. She and Henri look alike ( I think) so anyway...I wanted to see what you thought?! :)