Saturday, May 19, 2018

Ladies Tea 2018

Every year I promise myself I'll get pictures. Every year I don't. This year maintained tradition, but friends got a few. I've been prepping for months (sewing lots of bunting, recipe testing). Our usual caterer pulled out for another obligation so in addition to the usual planning and decorating I also cooked for a planned 60 attendees. The biggest endeavor was the croissants, I started them a month ago and freezing as I went since it takes a looong time to make. I worked with a great team who helped me set up and cooked some of the cakes and the frittatas (which were probably my favorite). Everything went well, despite my help showing up 40 minutes late this morning and having to scramble, and we have leftovers for supper tonight!
In case you wondered:
Theme: Joy/yellow
Menu: Croissants with all the toppings (dandelion jelly, strawberry jam, nutella, lemon curd, ham and cheese, butter), Shrimp, feta and orzo salad, Mediterranean vegetable frittata, veggies with spinach dip, citrus salad with ruby red dressing, lemon yogurt cake, chocolate dipped orange sticks, key lime shortbread cookies, and chocolate mousse shooters with raspberries. It was yum.

About 36 hours after they were started, croissants ready to hit the oven

Soaking dandelions to make jelly

Yet again, canning on the hottest day of the year we've had so far...

Croissants out of the oven. Flakey and buttery and delicious

Trader Joe's for all my flower and lemon needs

You can order whatever you want, and then just pay for what you decide to take the day of. Incredibly inexpensive, no fuss, I love TJ's!

....except I stink at flower arranging. Agonizing, looks like they're flopping....hours later it was just going to have to be as good as it was.


There was cloth bunting everywhere (this is after everyone ate and the reserves brought out so people could take plates of food home)


Lemon and mint centerpieces

Favors were different yellow candies and homemade lemon lip balm


Going to take this week to recuperate and clean my house, and then we'll start thinking about next year. Went simple this time, so I think it'll be over-the-top next :)

No comments: