Saturday, December 31, 2016

Christmas

Just a heads-up, there aren't really any pictures for this, because I didn't take any. Just enjoyed the day, moved at a slow pace, kept the phone down. As usual, I didn't sleep more than a few minutes Christmas Eve and was awake for the day at 2. Fortunately Steve didn't get too annoyed with me poking him every 10 minutes to ask if it was time to get up yet. No idea why this happens every year, guess it's just hardwired in at this point. The kids were happy with everything they got, and Steve especially liked the kids' gift to him; an ax.
Decorating cookies. We used a different recipe and they were gross


Henri got this as a gift and it was impossible. Steve and I spent hours of frustration on it and only got this far. Fortunately someone spilled water on a lot of it the next morning so we were able to throw it out.

Tooth #4 came out! (After Hudson slammed her head into a chair....)


Found this at the thrift store, shamelessly begged a woman who had it in her cart to let me buy it instead. Brand new, and it's a hospital puzzle!!! I had to have it I knew the kids would love it. Also, it's an "I-spy" type (as in, can you spot the blood transfusion bag in the picture?)

I asked him to clean up the paper scraps he'd left all over the floor. He interpreted that as "get out all your trucks and use ear protection"

And then Saturday morning tooth #5 came out. Poor girl has quite the lisp now but it's getting better.

Weird exposure, headed to the mall on Christmas Eve for dinner before service. It was as crowded as I'd been told it would be and super stressful. 

But we found a seat and got our chicken and I didn't have to cook

Then on to David's church, Genesis, for their service

Hudson was pretty excited to participate in the candlelit part

David is part of their worship team and did an awesome job, solo included. 

Once home I made cinnamon rolls for the next morning (yum) and gingerbread doughnut muffins for children's church (double yum)

The knight costume has been a hit, he's worn it daily. 

Steve's old Life. Henri fell in love with this game at my folks and was soooooo excited to get it. 

She also got a sewing kit (real needles and pins, yikes!) with a Sewing School book. She made this bag, all hand stitched, during quiet time. Now she's on to making fancy dresses for her dolls. 

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Great sewing Henri. :) As always loved catching up with you here. Are you on instagram?