Thursday, November 3, 2016

Novembering

This has been a gorgeous, normal, busyish week. We celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary with a meal out (thanks, David, for watching the kids!), and, um....brain is somehow fried. I can't remember what else.

This is on my Christmas wish list. Everything in it is tasty and quick and uses ingredients I generally have on hand.

"Happy pancakes" (scallion).

Hudson working on his homework while Henri does hers.

A happy thrift store find. Piggie pj's!

Hudson likes to grab a turn in them too. 

Henri had a Fall Festival at her school and we got to attend. While thrilled to be there, Hudson had just woke up from a car nap and only wanted to hang by Hen's side.


We went to friends for dinner and I made some bread. Smells so good!

Bumped lip

Went to Drumlin on Saturday with Steve since he hadn't been before. The deer were out.

They were supposed to be making animals out of leaves. 


and then Dumpling Daughter for lunch!!! This kid can put away an insane amount of dumplings.

Hudson tried, and ate a few bites of, a bbq steamed bun. And a whole bowl of white rice.

Our neighbor brought us over his latest crop of tomatoes so I roasted them and made sauce for the freezer.

LOL! Mr. C has a way with my kids.

In his defense, I think he was seeing if the flashlight worked, haha.

On Halloween Chipotle offered $3 burritos/tacos if you were in costumes. So of course I dressed them up so we could have cheap food for days

The squirrel ate most of our pumpkin before I could carve it, so we went with that look.

The kids were adamant they just wanted to hand out candy, but when our neighbor came by they took off with her and had a great time hitting up a few (ridiculously generous) neighbors. I confiscated all the peanut m+m's, then threw the rest of our candy out as I've eaten my weight in kit kats.

Still loving this lunchbox. Sushi is a favorite. Unfortunately the dragonfruit wasn't as good this time. 

One of many costumes on Monday (yay for dress up bins)

Another happy thrift store find. I love nativity sets, and having them kid-friendly is even better.

Our carrot harvest

Most of it was this size (dime for comparison).

He's so cute in flannel.

Walks in the rain

Made red bean stuffed rice balls with the kids tonight for dessert/lunch tomorrow. 
And that's pretty much the week. Hudson starts a different gymnastics class tomorrow, we have a conference all day at church on Saturday, there's a sew-a-thon for Days for Girls on Sunday, then we're back to the school routine again.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

So many neat thrift store finds. :) I love the Playmobile nativity. I didn't know they even had one. Fun.