Sunday, August 14, 2016

First half of August

Original titles, no? Anyway, we've had something going on pretty much every day this month. I don't remember now what they were, but it's been busy. We just got back from my folks again where we got to attend Field Days and Steve was able to come up by bus on Wednesday.

To celebrate running nearly every day for 5 weeks, I got myself new shoes and an amazing pastry. After taking the shoes on their maiden trip, I ironically haven't run since. Blame being in VT, the high humidity, and now a nasty cold. 

Toddler fashion (those are Steve's socks).

Not the best angle, but I chopped my hair. 

Rest stop on the way home

Watching the miniature donkeys at Field Days

Not only did he have to sit on every single tractor, he had to investigate anything remotely connected to a tractor.

These corn bins are inspired. The kids played forever, the adults liked to wiggle their toes in it. I was getting Hudson dressed for bed and kernels were still falling out of his pockets. 

Treats in the maple barn! My kids opted for a maple creemee, I got the maple walnut pie bars I've been dreaming about since last year. They lived up to my memory. Can't wait for next year now....

Wish I'd gotten a video of this. Hudson was "oinking" for all he was worth, it was hysterical

After we picked up Steve in Burlington we took the scenic route home so we could stop at Cookie Love

Yuuummmmm

Went to the Demolition Derby. New announcer and he wasn't very good. It was nice to be out, but the event was pretty flat this time. I got some cheesy fries out of it, though!


Checked out the new KidSpace on Friday. I had a lot of fun on the bouldering wall they built, and they really enjoyed the whole place. 

First Lake Monsters game! We lucked out and nailed the timing perfectly for, well, everything. Got there in time for good parking, Henri woke up just as the rain ended, we got all kinds of fun handouts plus it was trick-or-treating night so they loaded up on candy, we left just as the rain got heavy again, got home before they were too tired. 

Steve got the nachos he's been raving about for years

Little guy loved it. Champ was a big hit with both. What a great venue to take kids to! The innings were mercifully short and the entertainment between was, well, entertaining. I think baseball tearfully boring, so it was nice that actually playing ball seemed to be more of an afterthought here. 

And then today....sniff. For real there are no more babies. Also, the 3's are truly horrible. But I kind of like this kid so I guess we'll keep him. He got everything his little heart desired, had cereal and cake for dinner, and was just so thrilled that everything was about him and that he got to direct how the day went. He loved being sung to, he loved opening cards and gifts (and exclaimed over each one), he loved that we had church so he could see all of his friends (and his Sunday School teacher gave him two cupcakes...). He ended the day tucking me up in his blanket so I would be "comfy and snuggly" and then just cuddling on me. As I'd spent the morning re-reading his first 6 months of life and remembering how he was permanently attached to me, it was a sweet way to feel he isn't too grown up yet. Happy Birthday, Hudson!

No comments: