Saturday, August 20, 2016

Back to the weeklies

Not too much going on this week because I got sick and was unable to be upright more than an hour at a time, then Hen came down with it, and then our old car died and had to be towed so Steve took my car....so, very housebound. Hudson had his 3 year old appointment; he's only 4# less than Henri and the doctor said it was fine for him to eat his favorite granola every single night since he's clearly growing just fine (what he normally does anyway). And I completely forgot to ask her all the questions I'd intended, but I think he's fine so we'll just keep on as we have.

I was zoning out, so I didn't realize till too late that we now have craters all over our yard...

It's probably bunk, but I love me some kombucha. And it's got all your VitB complexes, which is hard to get enough of.

Our library has a ton of dress up

The kids were so good while I felt lousy. They played well, snuggled me, were very sympathetic. 

After Hud's appt we went shoe shopping for Henri and since it was late we got a quick bite out. Henri loves Subway, I think it's disgusting. 

Henri's new shoes. Whooooeeeee, buying shoes for my kids is no joke. They are super opinionated about their footwear (they get that from their dad). As a matter of fact, they insist on approving all of my shoe purchases as well. Anyway, I bit my tongue hard and we finally found a pair. Fortunately she learned to tie shoelaces ages ago. 

Art time

Lots of smoothies this week. 

As has been typical of this summer, so. many. showers needed. 3/day. 

Walked Arlington Great Meadows today. Well, jogged really. The kids are more "get to the end first", not "enjoy the journey" type of hikers. 

Ice cream treat to cool down

And today was BYOC at 7Eleven. I've never had a slurpee before, and wow!!! All I've been missing in life can be found right here. Wild cherry and coke, and then I went for a run and it all came back up. But it was awesome while it lasted, haha.

Henri is moving up from Children's Church tomorrow and will be sitting all the way through big church, something she's excited about (the kids are up for most of the service already, this is just adding in the sermon). Otherwise, life should be back to the usual!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

You all seem to fit so much in to your busy summers. I don't know how you do it.