Thursday, July 23, 2015

Camping

I've been a bit MIA, but you haven't missed much. We went on our annual "Two Kids Club" camping trip at the end of June, and other than Hudson being so overtired that he wasn't tired, it was as much fun as the last. Perhaps even more since Hudson went swimming me with so I had an excuse to get in the (heated) pool, and because we simplified meals even more (open flame cooking for every meal!). This time only Deepa and I could make it for the ladies, so we sent the kids off with the guys (four adult men to 8 kids seemed a reasonable ratio) and we sat at camp and drank coffee and chatted. Best vacation I've had in...years. Looking forward to a repeat soon!

I guess it's more "glamping" when you use a queen mattress and down duvets. Super comfortable though!


The playground was a hit again (all that gravel to throw!)

This was attempt #1 to put them to bed. At 9:45. Note the exhaustion....of the photographer. He finally fell asleep in our bed at 11:30. Stinker.

Coffee thief

The most work for this trip was trying to get my cast iron skillet I'd found at a garage sale into shape in one afternoon. But it was perfect!

He totally missed the point of bocce but loved the chance to throw heavy objects.

Ahhh, they stress me out, but they make me the happiest. 

Ridiculously proud of this fire I started. And then couldn't get to go out. Perfect ratio of flame to coals.

Home sweet home. Perhaps larger than we truly need, but soooo comfy that we don't regret the size at all! Will be great as the kids grow and want a larger sleeping area too. 

Just call me pioneer girl. Cooking our omelets

Bye campsite till next year!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Pioneer girl! haha! Love the camping recap. I am itching to go with Liam but am nervous about a weekend of no sleep. But i guess it will be worth it! We are looking for a bigger tent - your's looks perfect. what is it? Thanks!

Meredith said...

Hi Bethany! It's a Coleman Evanston screened 6 person. The rain fly doesn't actually cover the screened in porch part, so I'm not sure it's really the best design, but it's great to have 2 areas so the bugs and dirt stay out. Also, the whole back is just one big window so if you want to change in the tent and folks are around, you also need to have the fly on. But the first night up it POURED, and not a drop of water came in so I'll give it good marks for that :)

Nikki said...

Wow! That looks like such fun. I really want to bring our gang camping one of these days soon. You make it look easy. The last time we slept in our tent it leaked.