Thursday, July 25, 2013

Thrift trip brag

H and I dropped by my favorite thrift store in the world this morning, and as always it delivered:

A Melissa and Doug wooden barn in just about perfect condition (few chips in the paint and needed a wipe down, very quick fix). Retails for $60, I got it for $4. Woot!

All the stalls on the inside have their own doors that swing open. I was planning on just giving it to H today, but Mom recommended Christmas which I think is brilliant. If I need a distraction one day I can always pull it out, but this will be a great gift for the kids to share

Someone has a kid a size above Henri because this is the second time I've picked up shoes for her. Stride Rite brand in never-worn condition, in her size, for $2.50? Yes, thank you!

And of course some clothes. New shirt and sun dress for H, adorable summer overalls (Ralph Lauren, naturally) for Bo.

I was very circumspect in my spending this time, and rather hampered by having H with me. It's a tiny store, but the quality and quantity of items they fit in the there is astonishing. Also, love the regular staffers (is it bad when they know you by name, as well as most details about your life?) and I don't think I've ever walked out empty-handed. Just had to be annoying and share. It's always a rush when you feel like you've saved a ton of money :)

1 comment:

Nikki R said...

Wow!! Great deals!! :) If we ever get to your neck of the woods (we want to.) You will have to share where you go. :) Sounds great!!
Henri's shoes are awesome and that barn...amazing. Good finds.