Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Off schedule

I've been rather quiet on here lately, and it's not for lack of intent. I keep planning to do a summation of where Hen is right now but that seems to change from day to day. And so does our schedule. I do not find monotony in maintaining a strict schedule at home (and am one of the weirdos that loves Monday because it means we go back to our routine) and life is generally better for all involved when it's organized. The past two weeks have thrown that all off and it looks to be shot through the end of the next week too. So frustrating and exhausting and cranky-inducing. For the kids too. ;) Anyway, I'm attempting to be flexible, so bear with me a few days longer and maybe we'll emerge alive, if not rested.

"School" is going great, here in the first week she was learning the letter "x"

Attempting to transition him to the crib (he's still in the travel sized pack and play in our room). First and only time he took a nap! Also, yes our monitor tells me the room temp where the kids are. It can also play them 5 different lullabies, scan the entire room, allow me to speak to them, and of course hear them. We take our surveillance seriously.

My clothesline broke :( But we fixed it!

Our neighbor's roses bloomed, just on our side of the fence. It was nice of him to share.

Steve fixing the line. 

More school. Making a seven days of creation book

Gauze skirts are very in right now. Picked her up two more at a yard sale. 

Love this series. He was trying to get in to the shed yet again and I called him back

....he doesn't want to come and for some reason thinks I can't see him when he puts his hands behind his back...

...starting to obey....

...but not too happy about it

"See? I came!"

Had a series of spectacular sunsets

Playing kitchen all over the house


"Planting" a garden. I love the Dollar Store for supplies!

Dirt. Oh the dirt. I'm considering installing a sandbox they spend so much time digging dirt...

...and gravel

I know, food picts, ugh. But this was an amazing lunch of sauteed chick peas and broccoli with Parmesan cheese, followed by jelly filled "donut" muffins. 


Visited Aunt Allie and came home with a birthday present. He was thrilled

His own apron! He's worn it daily since

After 10 years of contacts I got some glasses. I think they might be going back. Adjusting has not been easy.

Post bike ride. It's only been twice, but it's becoming a Sat morning tradition to load up the kids and ride a few miles. We all enjoy it a lot



OK, nap time is apparently over. Real talk coming soon(ish). I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I check in each day. Your kids are sooooo adorable. Loved all the pictures of school, of life and all the fun you all are having.