Saturday, July 19, 2014

The week in review

I'll get the real pictures of our trip off the camera at some point, but in the meantime, here's what we've been up to in the past 7ish days:
We took advantage of Free Fridays to check out the Essex Peabody Museum last Friday. Maybe because it was free, but I have never experienced such weirdly awful behavior from a crowd at a museum before. And everyone misbehaving was over the age of 70. 

The smirks on these ladies' faces make me think they would have been fun to know in real life :)

One of our neighbors gave Henri a trike he'd found in the garbage. She is thrilled and wants to ride constantly. The helmet was her idea, but we've actually made it a rule now so that when the time comes for a real bike she won't think the helmet is optional. 

Love my day lilies, they remind me of the house we lived in by the river for so long.

And the hostas liked the downpour we got on Wednesday

It was VBS this week and Henri was old enough to go. Some of the ladies met a few times during it and I brought the goodies. This is basically a peanut butter cookie baked in a cake pan with chopped Reece's peanut butter cups and chocolate chunks inside. It's then frosted with a chocolate butter cream, more peanut butter cups piled on top, and then chocolate syrup drizzled all over. Sugar coma.

So the next day I toned down the sugar and just made cinnamon rolls. Which I did frost with cream cheese frosting. Easiest recipe ever. And these things are HUGE (that's a large Yankee candle jar for comparisons sake).

Hud and I had a playground date while Hen was at VBS. He's fearless, climbs up that ladder by himself (the platform is at my head height) and launches himself head down the slides. Then he gets to the bottom, stands up, and claps for himself. Pretty funny


Sooooo, I got both my kids hooked on coffee. It wasn't intentional, but we do live in the Boston area so I guess it goes with the territory. This one was decaf since Hen was allowed to drink the whole thing as a treat. All the candy you see was from VBS awards and she hasn't asked about it yet. Caffeine? Sure. Candy? Forbidden.

We got to have a bike date today thanks to Sheffy! We have bike seats for both kids but I want to wait until a year to put Hud on as it's not recommended until at least then. Anyway, was lovely to be back on my bike and have some time just for us. 
No real plans for next week. The wonderful M's will be here and we should get to see a bit of them, so excited about that. And getting together with the ladies during the morning this past week made me realize how fairly easy and fun it is to have an hour or two "playdate" with folks who have kids Hud's age, so hopefully we can start having a few of those. And then it's counting down the days till we get to see Grandma and Papa :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What FUN your week looked like. Salinn keeps hinting loudly. :) that we should go to Boston on field trips. ;) Always LOVE your pictures.