Sunday, January 5, 2014

Resolutions

Happy New Year!!! It's been a whirlwind of family and fun, but real life resumes tomorrow (i.e studying for my final exam). I'm not a big fan of New Year's resolutions as I agree with my husband that if there's a change you should make in your life, it's silly to wait to make them. Also, no one keeps them. But I looooove lists, and I love even more to check them off, so I'm compiling a "To Do" list for this year. It's mostly things I'm going to do anyway (like clean the house once a week, pass my CNM exam) but I like having it written out. Being a stay at home mom means your days are usually a blur of the mundane and there are no checkpoints to show you've accomplished anything. So this will provide a little boost to me. And I've added fun things as well (like knitting a pair of socks and our planned vacation to Chicago). So far, I've checked off "write Christmas thank you's". Tomorrow we begin "potty train Henri" (drum roll, please. I see a lot of drama in our near future). And to keep from boring all my readers to death, I have decided this year to try to take a daily picture of our life and share 7-10 once a week. I'm sure I'll chat some too (let's be real, I have to brag about my kids occasionally!), and I might forget a few weeks, but I have folders all set up in my picture files so the yearly family photo books should be much simpler to assemble this year and I like the idea of looks at daily life. So, this past week:

My fuzzy-headed, red-haired chunker. 16#2oz at 4 mo. Huge fan of chewing

We've seen a big spurt in sisterly love this past week. He still thinks she walks on water.


The sub-zero weather doesn't phase her in the least. She loves snow!



We went to a Clemson vs. BC basketball game. The pict is deceiving, Hud actually loved it and both kids were really well behaved


Gram S and Sheffy came for a weekend visit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Both children are so adorable and I LOVE Hud's red hair. :) They both look so healthy and happy!!!