Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A few photos of the boy

So sorry about the lack of posting. There are quite a few pictures on my camera, I just haven't transferred. And as you can see, what I have brought over I didn't bother to fix up in any way, so my apologies for the crummy quality. Anyway, Hudson is almost a month old. Crazy. Time went fast with Henri but it's flying with him. And I'm actually sad because he's the last and I really am trying to savor these moments. It's easy to do so when he's asleep in his swing like he is right now. A few hours ago in the store when he was screaming bloody murder and Henri was giving a forbidden "ballerina" performance on a display shelf while freaking out that she'd dropped her zebra and the nosy woman behind me in line wanted their complete demographic information while simultaneously offering suggestions to make Hud happy? Those moments can't go fast enough. But all in all we love him and are pretty happy he's here. The past few nights he's been improving his sleep to 5-6 hour stretches. I'm looking forward to the 10 I used to enjoy, but I think 6 is pretty decent for a baby. Unfortunately he totally takes after me so he loves to stay up till midnight and then sleep till about 2pm with snacks. This would be fine except Henri goes to bed at 8 and is up (enthusiastically) at 6:30. She then takes a nap about the point Hud wakes up. So, that paper that was supposed to take a few hours to type is still only 3 sentences in. Eh, I have 1 week left in the semester :)
Anyway, he's becoming a little person. Not much seems to impress him (note the facial expressions below) but about twice a day now he gets very interactive, smiles a lot in response and is doing his best to talk. He's very ticklish and likes to have his neck kissed. He's also not great with his head control and is very content to snuggle on any available chest which is directly opposite of Henri who wanted to bounce from the moment she was born and face outwards. We he go for his 2 week check up tomorrow (2 weeks late...blame it on MD availability and us being gone last week) and I'm excited to see what he weighs. Some days he feels like a ton, other days I worry he's not gained an ounce. I'll try to get some more pictures posted soon, he really is the cutest tree frog you've ever seen.



First day home

Mom's great at getting him to snuggle down and sleep

Papa's good with the snuggle, too, but Hudson wasn't too into sleeping

Very contemplative

Not too much impresses him

He looks concerned here, but he loves his owl which was a gift from a client's baby to him. Maybe it's the bright orange feet? Anyway, it buys me 10 minutes of peace to lie him next to Owl and let them chat.


He's not so good with the sitting up yet. I had him propped but he flopped and seemed quietly interested in his new pose so I let him be. He fell asleep.
Do you know how impossible it is to get a decent picture of Henri at this point, let alone one in which the two of them look decent??? Forgive the unmade bed, the obvious signs of a recent fit on Hen's part, and the lighting. Its a miracle both are even in the frame together.
 
And speaking of Henrietta; she is a fabulous big sister. So much more amazing than I ever dared hope. I'll probably write about it soon, but I am so so proud of how well she's acclimated to having Hudson in our life, the willingness to help out with him, and just the fact she's yet to do any serious injury to the child. Here's hoping she likes him when he becomes mobile....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had been checking in on your blog everyday hoping for an update. My mom mentioned today that you had updated so I could not wait to zoom over and see those cuties again. :) Wish I could have seen you in person? Maybe next time you are here?? I LOVE the picture of the two of them at the end of your post. His little smile....too cute and Henri no doubt will continue to be that sweet big sister. It seems you are adjusting quite well as mama to two. Got to love those baby snuggles. Mercy loved to snuggle and my little Joshua not so much.:) They are all so different but equally perfect.:) I can't wait to hear how much Hudson weighs. Joshua was still only 10 lbs 8 oz. on Tuesday.

JG said...

Meredith he is SO cute! He looks like such a peaceful, snuggly little bundle :) Love these pics! And yes, it will continue to fly by... I can't believe Kaia will be a year old in 3 weeks. :(
Also, wondering if you care to share why you decided he's the last? We have been leaning towards being done ourselves, so it's one of my favorite topics lately :)