Saturday, June 8, 2013

One month gone

I've been very neglectful of this space but don't worry, you're not missing anything! Just life continuing at a rapid pace, a very tight deadline for a few big papers and then some breathing room before the big push to final exams and licensure, and, oh, a baby. Yeah, not that I think he'll be early (despite a lot of finger crossing) but technically he could be here in as little as 6 weeks. Name suggestions would be welcomed!
David has moved in for the summer and H is loving having another person to boss around/chatter at/comment on their every movement. Not much gets past her at this point and she's combining that with a killer memory to keep me on my toes. I tend to tune her out as the constant talking can be very overwhelming, but when I do listen she's coming up with some pretty funny stuff. A favorite activity is to "have a conversation", a tradition I started when she was a newborn, and one that she organizes for us now. It's a 2 minute check in of where we are in our day and what the next plans are, as well as a chance for her to tell me the pressing issues of toddler-hood. Generally it revolves around things like airplanes, what's for dinner, and what various relatives might be up to at that given moment.
We've moved on to bigger girl books and it impresses me that she'll sit for as long as she will while I read. Frog and Toad is a huge deal right now; I have a collection of 4 of the books in one and she'll have me read the whole thing a few times a day. Predictably, the Button Story is her current favorite. She also thinks Blueberries for Sal is the funniest story ever, and I have ambitious hopes of taking her to Blueberry Hill in VT. Realistically I'll let her pick out which tub she wants from the grocery store and we'll make cobbler or something....Anyway, a few photos from the past few weeks (I've been terrible about getting out the camera. It's so much more fun to just enjoy the moment as H refuses to look or makes an awful face when I pull it out):

31 weeks. This kid is low and waaaaay out there. Just looked at the scale and I'm up 20 pounds :( No idea how that happened except perhaps for the ice cream, cookies, cake, iced tea, chocolate bars, tootsie rolls.....I did pass my glucose test, though!

A typical play scenario. I assume we're having a picnic here, a favored activity

As labeled, brought home from school. It did great in our window but withered and died within a day of transplanting.

Ogunquit day trip a few weeks back. Pretty much the easiest way to entertain Henri, ever

Easy way to entertain me, too :)

Steve, before the tide forced us to retreat to the river side of the beach


What most of my pictures of her look like at this point

These were after I halved the recipe. Yum!

Add caption

A favorite tree at the park


Our new couch! Nothing too crazy, but it's comfy and currently tear-free

If we remember to get it out once in a while there should be plenty of photos next week as we have the ambition to join some good friends in Nantucket later this week. Very very excited, many fingers crossed that I'll be able to finish my papers by then and that the weather will hold :)

3 comments:

Genevieve said...

You look wonderful Meredith!! I cannot believe he will be here so soon, I feel like I just heard your news about being pregnant! I always loved reading your updates so I am glad you checked in. It sounds like you guys are having a fun and busy summer already. That is very cute that she wants to visit Blueberry Hill, that is one of our favorite books around here too! Looks like you also had a great trip to Ogunquit. Your have such a beautiful family.

JG said...

Your belly is adooooorable!!!

Ruth said...

Yay for an update! Everyone looks wonderful, as always. Happy last months of pregnancy!!