Thursday, February 28, 2013

February wrap up

It's seasonal slump time, where you just slog through and face each day with resignation. At some point it gets warm and the sidewalks are clear and life returns, but until that time autopilot is the name of the game. So, not too much to report on, or any plans for that to change soon. Henri and I did stop by Petsmart the other day to check out the fish, and I think that will become part of our routine as it was a huge hit. We've also been baking together a lot, and while the kitchen is a perpetual mess, she loves the sensory play (and adding salt to everything) and it's been a lot of fun. Sampling the finished goods isn't too bad, either :) I've finally started feeling better, just tired easily, so that's a relief. I still haven't gained a pound but lately I've been ravenous, so I expect that to change soon. There have been a few more babies born, and while my numbers are still low I'm starting to get a feel for things. Clinic days remain my favorite, and I'm going to really miss my clients when I move on.
On a fun note, Henri's imaginative play has kicked in to overdrive, and it's pretty funny to hear what she's thinking. Lately she's been all about dinosaurs (no idea where that came from) and last night she was pretending a piece of her chicken was a dino head that was eating the rest of her meal. Playing with your food is not something I'd normally encourage, but it keeps us very entertained. Nothing coming up that I'm aware of, so March will probably just be a lot of shift work.

Getting in to her work

She was absorbed for a solid hour

A bit of imported spring

We went to Maine for the night. Henri loved the big bed...

...to jump on. Vacation with children is not the same :)

Headed to the beach in the morning. Temp was in the teens and the wind was 40mph

H just buried her face in my shoulder and begged for the car. Not a great beach day
Washing the sand off

Coming back from our short-lived ocean trip

Her hair is usually up in "ponies" now

So, no weight gain, but the bump is a bit large. 17 weeks today.

A great package came from Aunt Carol and Uncle Tim. So cute!

How my morning started. Cream of Wheat spit all over the kitchen while H made her plane noises, and the bowl dumped on the floor when she decided to try flying with her arms. Note the very unrepentant look.
So, pretty typical winter weeks. Hope to have some outings to report soon so you're not totally bored reading this :)

2 comments:

JG said...

This was a terribly EXCITING post as it had a picture of your BEAUTIFUL BUMP!!! LOVE it! What a fabulous bump! You are all baby... you look amazing :) And Henri is getting so darn cute... I'm a sucker for those "ponies."

Nikki said...

I LOVE when you update! :) Loved seeing Henri of course and baby #2...:)Glad you are all doing well.