Sunday, December 4, 2011

Miss Clingy Independence

Well, we are seeing the emergence of toddler attitude already. Now that she can pull to stand and cruise on everything, Henri thinks she's master of her destiny. Until she gets stuck somewhere. Or gets something taken away from her. Or I step out of sight/reach. She's still not a cuddler but now there's got to be contstant physical contact. And my child has turned into "that one" that nursery workers everywhere hate and dread. Some say, "Aw she's tired". Others say "I'm not really good with babies". But I think the truth was summed up by a lovely lady in NY who, after I was texted for the second time in service, said "She has quite the temper". Yup, tell me about it.
Lest you think she's all horrid, she does have some justification for the contant whining. She has two teeth now and I think the top are coming in as well. She still has her cold and is stuffy and dripping. She's certainly having a growth spurt because according to our scale she's gained two pounds in a month. And she's just discovering that her actions have the same sequele of consequences so she's doing her best to figure that all out which I imagine to be very difficult.
So we're getting through our days with lots of prayers for patience. And plenty of walking practice. And access to paper for chewing because it's fairly benign and keeps her quiet.


No comments: